HTB or build system?

Username: Brianjh

Post Number: 1
Need help on deciding which way to go.

Option 1: Onkyo HT-S790.

Option 2: Fluance SX-HTB (5 speaker surround package) with Dayton 12" sub(others?). What receiver would you suggest under $350.

Room size is 12x25. Are there specific receiver options I need to work with HDTV?

Silver Member
Username: Usa2k4

Post Number: 130
With a $350 budget, I would wait for a couple of months at most to get the Panasonic SA-XR57, which will be available in June according to Panasonic (MSRP ~ $400 US).

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3941
Looks like your budget is around $500-600 total?

A much better option, IMHO:

3 pairs of Infinity Primus 150 bookshelves, $204 shipped from electronicsexpo.com (use 1 for front center and 1 for rear center to get 6.0)

1 Dayton 12" sub ($150)

Pioneer Elite EX-500 digital switching receiver + universal player bundle, $260 shipped from hookedontronics.com (you can ebay the player for at least $50 if you don't need it)

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your quick replies. What would you suggest for an upgrade on the center channel? ~$200.00

Gold Member

Post Number: 3942
You want to keep the front 3 as seamless as possible so if you went with the Primus 150s, this would be one possible choice:

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/features/548179721?v_c=GoogleBase

Post Number: 3
Went to buy the Infinity bookshelf speakers today and saw the price doubled. Did I miss a big sale or is it just because they are out of stock?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3947
woops, guess you were too slow on the trigger...

at $136/pair shipped you might as well get the Athena AS-B1.2s which have a full 1" tweeter, should get you better detail for HT.

$120/pair from audioadvisor.com and that might include shipping. The Athena center is about $140 I think.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us