Advice on Sherwood

Username: Onemanbamafan

Post Number: 1
I don't know what to get. I have a Sherwood 7050R HT receiver and love it. Had it now for about 10 years but it died this week. I have read post after post on here and looked at alot of sites to read up on some of the receivers you guys talk about. Have a Pioneer VSX-D498 that was given to me and hate it. Problem is that those 2 receivers is my limit on knowledge. I want a HT receiver but one that will give me good sound in stereo also. Don't have any thing great as far as speakers. I do have a pair of Philips FB 695 that have good sound (a little on the base side which I like). Since my knowledge is so limited can you guys give me a little help? I am looking at a Sherwood R-771 (always liked my Sherwood)for about $500.00. That is about the price range I am looking at. What other receivers would you suggest and why?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7794
Is there any reason why you want to change to another brand besides Sherwood?

But really, the best thing to do is try the Sherwood that you like and see if it sounds the same as your old one. Only you can tell. You can shop around and listen to others and check if there is another that you would like.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us