Wharfedale Auditon

Username: Pothealer

Post Number: 7
Does anyone know where I can audition Wharfdale bookshelf speakers (diamond 8.2 or 9.2) in the Massachusetts (Boston) area, preferably against, B&W 601S3.

Of course if someone knows something else worth listening to in this price range (<$500) I would be interested. I need something that has as full a response as possible for smaller spaces. and can operate well when positioned very close to the wall (something I think will be a problem for the B&Ws).

Amplification is currently either a t-amp (am utterly shocked at how good this sounds) or a Kenwood receiver until I either pick something up used or pay the bandit at the store.

Musically I need something that can do justice to symphonic and chamber, jazz of most styles, vocal and instrumental, Techno and Ambient of the quality type and good indie rock/Blues al la Stone Roses, Gomez, Howlin Wolf, John Lee Hooker.

Thanks in advance for recommendations, I am aware that I want all things to all people for next to nothing, but I have never owned an acknowledged good set of speakers before and it is currently the weakest spot in a weakish system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us