Ipod help

Username: Muzza222

Post Number: 1
can anyone help me. my ipod 20gb ipod phot keep cycling through the apple logo start up screen. it will not load and cannot be restored by plugging in to my computer.
does anyone know how to restore manually or is my hard drive stuffed.

Username: Loaninghill

Post Number: 5
My ipod automatically uploads songs from the itunes library when i connect to the pc. I would like to choose the songs from the list. How do i get to manually choose these? Can anyone help?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8062
Click on "Edit"
Go to "Preferences"
Go to the iPod tab
Click on "manage songs manually"

Username: Loaninghill

Post Number: 6
Thank you Berny.

Username: Stay_gold

i let someone borrow my ipod and they uploaded music from their itunes onto it. now when i try to put my music back on it says it's updating, but nothing happens. how do i get it to update from my computer again?

Username: Chilli311

I got an iPod Nano for my girlfriend for Christmas and put some music on it, but now when she plugs it in to her computer, we can't get the music that I uploaded to transfer to her computer. Anyone know how we can get it to transfer?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12111
Unfortunately, the iPod was designed for one way transfer only. You cannot transfer music from one computer into another by using the iPod. You have to use a hack for the iPod to be able to do this.

Go to the Apple website for more info.

Username: Aleeshabennett

I can't get iTunes to work, i have internet(not broadband). CD burner, USB port, why won't it work? PLEAZ HELP!!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12130
What is your OS?

Post Number: 2
what is OS? i have AOL

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12137
OS=Operating System, e.g. Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows XP.

Post Number: 3
Windows XP

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12140
Remove iTunes completely.

Restart the PC.

Install the latest iTunes.

Restart the PC.

Check to see if iTunes is working.

Do not connect the iPod if the iTunes program is not working or will have problems.

Post Number: 4
thanks....Sooooo much it works...

Username: S_weiland

i got my ipod and i downloaded some music videos but i have no "file" or "floder" that says music videos so i can't watch the music videos that i dowloaded on itunes but once i update my ipod there are under music videos. This also means that if i put something under music video that i cant get it back out because there is no file in iTunes named music video? but i can watch on my iPod, so now i dotn no what to do help please

Username: Steelersfan

Richland, PA United States

IPOD 30GB HELP PLEASE!!!
For xmas i got a 30 gb ipod, but i can only load the latest version of ituens 6 on my mac does anyone know how i can run my ipod w/out itunes7..
I tried an ipod mini, and that will run on ituens 6 but i guess w/ the ipod 30 gb it will NOT run cuz of the video???
Any help is greatly appreciated.. I really cant upgrade my comp right now.

Username: Sooby

ah! okay. i'm not exactly sure what the problem is here, i'm usually able to figure out these things.
i have, on my intunes, a playlist which consists of 32 songs by coldplay.
12 of these songs will not upload onto my ipod.
they play correctly in itunes, no problem at all.
but they will not transfer to my ipod no matter how many times i update.
all the songs are .mp3. which, i know as a fact, is a valid format, so that isn't the problem.
i think the problem might be in how it's updating.
you know how at the end of an update, it will always say, "ipod update is complete. you may now disconnect." or something along those lines? well, it is not saying that it is okay for me to disconnect. simply, 'ipod update is complete.'

i've never had this problem before, i've had my ipod since june.
anyone, everyone, pleeease help. : )

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12447
It is important to know if these 12 songs are ripped from the same CD or it was downloaded from a P2P server.

If it is from limewire or some other downloading site, you may need to encode it again for your iPod to be able to recognize them.

What you want to do is bring it up on your music library. Highlight the songs that you are having problems with and copy it to a different folder. Use the iTunes program to convert it all again to MP3 and use the same bitrate. Then add it back to your iTunes library.

Username: Steelersfan

Richland, PA United States

Need Help!! I got a 30gb ipod w/ video, but can only run itunes 6 or my comp, says i need to run itunes 7 w/ this ipod does anyone know how I can use my ipod w/out running itunes 7???

Username: Sooby

thanks berny, but could you tell me what a bitrate is? i don't know what it is.
i followed your instructions best i could otherwise, but it didn't work so i think i did something wrong.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12504
A bitrate, in simplified terms, would be the amount of information in the data stream.

You usually get this information when trying to convert digital audio files.

When you say it did not work, did you mean, you could not convert it or you were able to convert but it is still not going into your iPod?

Username: Betnot

I just bought a used ipod video. How do I get the old owner's name off the ipod (about page)? Do I just sync it with my computer and then it will recognize me as the new owner? How do I sync the ipod with my computer without losing the 10k songs already on the ipod?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us