Wilson Benesch

Username: Steve_g

Charlotte, North Carolina United States

Post Number: 7
I finally bought the Rega Mira 3 integrated and the Apollo CD player and love both. Now I'm looking to upgrade speakers. Is the Wilson-Benesch ARC a 4 Ohm speaker and can my amp push it? Also can you recommend something that would work well with my current set up. I don't know much about this speaker so I was hoping someone in the UK could give me a heads up. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1307
The ARC is a wonderful speaker but this would be building a very back to front system. The way I'd have spent the money would have been the opther way around. After all, the ARCs are £2.6k and the Apollo and Mira combined are under £1k. This is exactly the wrong way to build systemss ince you'll feed a 'relatively' low grade signal into a high grade speaker which will show the whole world the limitations in the electronics.

If we'd known the budget that was available we could have suggested something that would work. Now, the Mira will drive the ARCs, but I'm fairly sure it won't necessarily be a sterling match.

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us