How about this config. Outlaw RR2150 + Acoustimass 16 home entertainment speaker system

Username: Shaaka

Post Number: 1
How about this home theater configuration.
How good and great is this?

Outlaw RR2150 Receiver with
Acoustimass 16 home entertainment speaker system.

Please suggest the good one

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2919
The Outlaw minus the Bose equals good gear.

Post Number: 2
outlaw + Which speaker system good?

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 883
What is your speaker budget and how big is your room? The Outlaw RR2150 is excellent.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7299
There are plenty of good speaker systems depending on your budget. The Acoustimass is not one of them.

What speakers are available in your area?

Post Number: 3
I am not sure what is availabe in my area Greenville., SC.

Budget from 500 to 1500 or may be upto 2000 for good speakers.

My room size is 14'-9" * 17'-9".

I may be moving this later to a big great room
of size 24' * 21'-6"

Post Number: 4
Let me know the best (receiver + speaker) for home theater setup.

Budget not a problem but would like to have a best system.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7305
Budget is not a problem? Sounds wonderful.

These may not be the best but I certainly like them. You should give it a try:-)

For the A/V sound processor:
Classe SSP-600

For the Amp section:
Classe CA-5200 - Power Amplifier

For speakers I recommend:
Sonus Faber Cremona all around. I have these so I can vouch for their most pristine sound. Except for the Classe components...too rich for my blood. I can only go with Outlaw Audio components, perhaps not the best but it works for my needs and budget.

Have fun!

Username: Sw345

New York, New York Usa

Post Number: 1
Do you recommend any bookshelf speakers to go with the rr2150, mainly for mp3s with all kinds of music

Gold Member

Post Number: 7311
Welcome to the forum. Next time start your own thread instead of hijacking someone else's.

Are you the same person as Suggie? Of course we can recommend a book shelf speaker, if you like it or not is another matter.

Do you have a budget in mind or is budget not a problem for you as well?

Post Number: 5
Hello Berny,

This is very very over my budget. Moreover my house is not that big to buy those systems.

As you can understand starting of this thread (Outlaw RR2150 Receiver with
Acoustimass 16 home entertainment speaker system)...

Can you recommond a best one (Speaker packages) that goes with Outlaw RR2150?

Or Let me know the system my budget is 1,000 to 3,000 for speaker packages and receiver

Thanks for your help.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 877
well you did say price is no object. Be careful when you throw those around. From time to time when I see that I will pull out my Wilson Audio reccomendation.

FYI: Wilson Audio speakers START at upwards of 10 grand a pair, and go to around 200 grand a pair!

I didn't bring that up because I didn't want to sound like a smartass, and because I saw you were looking at Bose.

Silver Member
Username: Ziggyzoggyoioi

Outside Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 250
How can we make any serious recommendations when the OP is trying to pair a 6.1 speaker system with a 2-channel receiver?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7321
sugie,
You really should stop using the word "best". There is no such thing, unless you can equate it with price, then maybe.

What is it really that you want? A 2 channel system or a Home Theater? You seem very confused with whatever it is that you want.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 747
Suggie:

You have some serious confusion going here my friend. As Berny has posted, you keep referring to a "Home Theater" (aka 5.1 sound) but you also refer to the Outlaw 2150 which is a two channel receiver with no digital processor (required for Home Theater). So we don't know what you really want. However, if you want a very good Home Theater receiver, look at the Outlaw 1070, which is a 7.1 channel receiver that will give you everything you want and probably more. It does represent the best value in a receiver, under $1,000 that I know of. You could not go wrong.

Then comes the need to find some speakers that are compatible with the receiver (that is, whose sound is a good match to the sound produced by the receiver) and fit the room you have. Now, you have indicated you have a good size room and might even go to a bigger room. You can't cut it with little Acoustimass speakers. No matter what Bose tells you, 3.5" speakers simply cannot move enough air to fill up a room that size. Similarly, don't try to fill that size room with some other small satellite type speaker system. Bookshelf mains (6.5" woofer) would probably suffice for your room that is 14.9 x 17.9, but the Great room would probably call for some floorstanding speakers with high sensitivity. I would suggest that if you are going the Home Theater route, you get the front three speakers for a 5.1 system and work with them for a few weeks or months before you add the surrounds and the subwoofer. I would be happy to make some suggestions about speakers, but I need to be sure this is what you want to do.

In Greenville, I am sure that there are some good specialty audio dealers. Look in the Yellow Pages for listings under "Stereo." Greenville is a reasonably good sized city, so I know they are there some specialty audio stores there, and no, Best Buy and Circuit City do not count.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us