Synergy friendly speakers ??

Username: Nottingham365

MA USA

Post Number: 8
Hello all,

I have a few different power amplifiers (Counterpoint, McCormack, NAD, Nakamichi) and preamplifiers (Counterpoint, McCormack, NAD, Nakamichi, Threshold), all solid state. Power ratings of the power amplifiers range from 100 wpc to 185 wpc. I'd like to try different amp/preamp pairings and evaluate the results. I am using a late generation Nakamichi CD player that will be replaced at some point, not sure with what. (Another thread, perhaps).

I'm looking to buy a pair of floorstanding speakers that are friendly/cooperative (or at least not combative) in multiple setups. Budget is around $1,000.00 and I will probably buy used. I recognize that I will be sacrificing maximum performance in any one setup to achieve satisfactory results in multiple setups. I like a variety of music: classical (chamber and symphonic), folk, blues, rock. I don't listen at high volumes much. I am not a bass fiend. Room is medium sized (I don't know the exact dimensions).

I would appreciate any suggestions for a brand, line or specific speaker to investigate. Would the discontinued Monitor Audio Silver Series (perhaps the S8) be worth auditioning? How about Vandersteen? What else?

Thanks for any suggestions/information.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 895
Check out Saturday audio Exchange http://saturdayaudio.com. They have factory close out sales.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 896
I meant factory close out sales on Monitor Audio Silver series

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us