I Found a Speaker I LOVE, and it is...........

Bronze Member
Username: Restlesstimes

Washington , DC United States

Post Number: 14
Martin Logan Mosaic.

I went in and listened to the Totem Sttaf's again. It was a very VERY impressive speaker and I enjoyed it but while impressed I wasn't blown away.

Then I listend to the Martin Logan Montage and immediately I liked it better than the Sttaf. The bass was tighter and the female vocalist just sounded warmer and more lifelike.

Since I liked the Montage so much, he put on the Mosaic and I was BLOWN AWAY.

BUT, I can not find one review of these speakers anywhere, why is that?

Silver Member
Username: Praetorian

Canada

Post Number: 121
Why should it matter? YOU were blown away by it...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I guess because I am not familiar with these types of drivers. I would like to know the pros and cons. stuff like that.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8001

Read any Martin Logan review for the pros and cons of their technology. All Martin Logan speakers have the same benefits and drawbacks, merely to a greater or lesser extent in each design.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1836
So why are they not in your sound room now,TK?

Username: Basicaudio

Chula vista, Ca US

Post Number: 9
I believe they were reviewed by audioreview, stereophile but not sure about absolute sound.
You just need to GOOGLE it under loudspeaker reviews for that model. I don't know any major martin logan model not reviewed. You can also try www.audiogon.com on their forums since that's an auctioning/swap meet high end site.

there's others who own the MOSAIC. If you are blown away by them, i wonder how much more you would be blown away with the STATEMENT e2 their flagship? martin logans are an excellent electrostatic company. Their rival is SOUNDLAB and QUAD and a few other notables!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
I gave him a deposit and hope to have them in my room by this time next weekend.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1839
Now THAT is what I am talkin' about!
TK, you bought yourself a lifetime of sound there!
Well done!

Bronze Member
Username: Basicaudio

Chula vista, Ca US

Post Number: 17
i'm envious of TK'S purchase, always wanted to get martin logans, way outside my pocketbooks for now ...guess what, i saw in an online store somewhere the average bose lifestyle system is $4k...do you know what kind of used martin logan you can get for that? ok bose bashing again! what a joke. bose do make good target practice for a .22 caliber, that's about the kind of bass it makes.

Bronze Member
Username: Dfantom32

Irvine, CA USA

Post Number: 76
nice choice TK...I did try those speaker and its true it sounds great so I dont blame you that you've blown away with it!

Congrats !!!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7223
TK,
What will you be using to drive the MLs?

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 831
the mosaic basically sounds like a maggie with nuts in the bass, which I love :-)

Take a maggie MMG and give it bass. Quick, tight, meaningful bass that is correct in pitch to the panels the woofer is mated with. Not the sloppy bass that lets you hear "panel... woofer." The mosaic sings with one voice.

The drivers are manufactured by BG corp (neo series planars).

What the speakers lack is the loose driver intergration that plagues some of the ML designs that even I have admitted to, such as the aeon i. The mosaic is a warm, smooth, mellow sounding speaker that can throw an amazing image in the right setup. And, it can play LOUD, surprising from a small hybrid planar speaker.

Art, if you are a planar person, I would be curious to hear your take on the mosaic because of the planar technology used in the speaker -vs- the usual ML stat panels.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 832
TK,

I don't think the mosaic has ever been professionaly reviewed.

I take some reviews with a grain of salt sometimes because they contradict each other, such as the reviews on the MartinLogan montage in AVrevolution and stereophile.

AVrev said the bass response was outstanding, both deep and tight, whihe stereophile said the bass response was all over the place, causing resonance in the cabinet and I believe lacking tightness.

I typed that on the fly so I paraphrased, but you get the gist. reviews are not a substiture for your own ears.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us