Mirage Omnisats, opinions

Silver Member
Username: Ncavman

N.C.

Post Number: 118
Looking for some opinions on the Omnisats...

I am looking for new speakers to replace for my living room system. This is not where we do critical listening, that is in our theater room. The living room is about 19x16 with high ceilings. We are going for a minimalist look in this room and would like to move from bookshelves and a bulky sub to a smaller but more 'airy' system where sitting in the sweet-spot is not important. We watch HDTV programming and some concert DVD's in this room. Rarely do we get loud in this room. Receiver is a Yamaha 100x6. The Omnisats are rated at 8 Ohms but typically stay closer to 6.5.

I listened to them twice and was impressed but the room was different shape than mine. I can get a killer deal on them and the matching sub but if they are not right for my application, a good deal is not good enough.

Anyone have experience with the Omnisats and care to comment on them for this room? Or, have another recommendation for small, modern 5.1 system with big imaging? Budget is not the main issue, just looking for the right speakers.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 834
I would also reccomend taking a look at the orb audio systems.

www.orbaudio.com

give them a call and they will be able to advise you personally on a system. I have heard nothing but good things about these speakers from members of the board.

Silver Member
Username: Ncavman

N.C.

Post Number: 119
Thanks Gavin - I have seen some good reviews of Orb but have not heard them myself. I'll check 'em out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us