How to use normal CD-R in DigitalAudio Recorders

Bronze Member
Username: Zneon

Durango, Durango Mxico

Post Number: 21
(This may have already been discussed, however for those who don't want to look further).
(TRIED ONLY ON PHILIPS RECORDERS)
This is a tip for all those who know about computers and audio recording. First, what you need is a blank DIGITAL AUDIO CD-R and some common CD-R media.
Insert the CDR-DA and wait until the OPC finishes, when the disc stops spinning open the tray manually with a screwdriver or something trying not to damage the plastic, remove the CD-DA disc and insert the CD-R disc. Press RECORD, if you did well, the recorder won't know that the disc has been changed and it will be ready to record(Just press PLAY to start).

If you press the RECORD BUTTON and it goes back to STANDBY, try this:

1) Use another cd-r media brand,(cheap brands ussually work most of the times)
2) Insert a clean CD-RW after the CD_DA has been removed manually, press RECORD, it will go to STANDBY but it still thinks the media is Digital Audio, proceed to open the tray manually and remove the CD-RW, again, insert the CD-R and close it manually, slowly. Press RECORD, if the "RECORD" text is blinking, it worked, if it's not,try another cd-r brand the second time you try to record.

HAVE IN MIND, discs vary from type to type and brand to brand, by doing this, the recorder assumes it's recording on the first disc and, since the disc will be different, there is a small chance that it will record before the recordable area starts, It has never happened to me, and I don't know what could happen. There goes the ugly part, after the RECORDING process have started, it can't be stopped, because it will recognize the disc as CD-R and it won't work again, if you try this method with the partially recorded disc, it will be recorded twice in the same area(because the CD_DA hasn't been recorded and the laser will go back to the initial position),try it if you wan't to know what happens to it. So, I recommend having everything ready, the sources and cables, conections, etc. While recording you can still change tracks, this is very useful.

Stop the disc at 73 minutes so there are no incompatibility problems. Then remove the disk and put it in the computer cdrom, use CD extraction software like ISO-BUSTER(very easy to use), and extract the audio to the computer, then if you want it, record it to a cd-rw or cd-r. Some will say, WHY SPENDING 2 DISCS?, With this, i'm offering the chance to record audio with the same exact quality as the source, there are some examples:
* Record audio from TV
* Record Audio from analogue sources that would result in bad quality by using other methods, such as recording from a microphone.
* Record band songs(avoid mics and direct computer recording), THIS IS ITS PRIMARLY USE FOR ME

Remember, the recorded CD-DA is still playable in the recorder, and this tip is useful when there are no Digital Audio media available.

DO IT ON YOUR OWN RISK
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us