HK325 shuts off

Kar
Unregistered guest
Hi, I bought a HK 325 Refurb a few months back and recently got the velodyne CHT10 sub to complete my HT setup. Since the day I got the sub I havent been able to get any signal to it. I connect the subwoofer preout to the input of the Sub and I either get a hum or no signal depending on the cable I use. More alarming is that the receiver shuts off when playing a DVD. It cant be heat because I tried it early morning when the receiver was cold. Is this a bad receiver, bad sub/cable or just plain ignorance? Please advice..
thanks
Kar

Kar
Unregistered guest
Hi

I bought a new AR sub cable and still theproblem persists. I play anything (DVD, VCR,TV) are moderate volume (-33db) and the ereceiver shuts off, if the subwoofer output is connected.I tried plugging the sub on the different outlet - didnt work
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Username: Corrollo

Post Number: 5
So, if you use it with the sub unplugged, do you get the same problem? Does it shut off?

Silver Member
Username: Geekboy

Newport, RI United States

Post Number: 257
Kar: check all your wiring. I would unplug all your speakers. Are you using bananna plugs or just connecting the wires directly to the binding posts? In any event, connect the speakers one at a time (Left, then Right, then Center...) -- turn off the receiver between test! Adjust the volume to -25dB and see if the receiver goes into protection then.

I may be that you have a single strand of wire touching somewhere. Also make sure you check the connections at the speaker(s) too!

Kar
Unregistered guest
Thanks Geekboy. Thats exactly what I ended up doing. I took each speaker out one by one.

My surrounds are bare wires. I guess its time for Banana plugs there. It works wonderfully well now.

Thanks

Kar
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us