Any Good Concert DVD's?

Silver Member
Username: Jimkw

Columbus, Ohio USA

Post Number: 122
I know this might not be the right place, but I enjoy wathcing a band live with good sound. Anybody have any recommendations? I know it won't be SACD or DVD-A quality sound, but I would like surround and hopefully DTS. I've tried a few and for the most part disappointed. I like "Stop Making Sense", but that's about the only one. I don't like "Four Licks" much at all.

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 413
Jim

You'll find them in this thread on the forum topic "Music."

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/music/51662.html

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio USA

Post Number: 124
Thanks. I think I'm going to check out Roger Waters "In the flesh" and Peter Gabriel "Growing Up Live" first.

Username: Lu_hey

Post Number: 2
Hell Freezes Over by the Eagles
Supernatural Live by Carlos Santa
Eric Clapton One More car one more Rider

Username: Uback007

Post Number: 7
Sheryl Crow - C'Mon America 2003 filmed in Dayton Ohio.

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio USA

Post Number: 126
Hell Freezes Over is when I will buy Sheryl Crow. Just not my taste at all.

I listened to/watched "In the Flesh" and both my wife and I thought it was GREAT. I've never really seen her get so into anything I have played. I was playing it yesterday when my kids and their spouses were there and my son, who plays guitar and sings, was really into it.

Just played a few songs form Peter Gabriel, but it did not seem near as good as Roger Waters. I didn't really sit down to what it yet though.

Username: Sonofsilence

Post Number: 1
try David Bowie's Live and Stage both in DVD-A

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio USA

Post Number: 127
Is one better than the other? I really like Bowie, especially the Ziggy Stardust albumn.

There would always be these debates about Dark Side of the Moon vs. Sgt. Peppers being the best ever, then one day this neighbor lady out of nowhere said she liked Ziggy Stardust better than either. I had listened to it quite a bit on albumn but never bought the CD. I went out and bought the CD and from that day on I liked the CD and that neighbor lady quite a bit.

Username: Sonofsilence

Post Number: 2
well I only have a stereo system with a DVD player that plays DVD-A so i can't really say what the 5.1 mix is like but I hear it's great. Stage is the better mix. It's debatable though. Stage for years was written off until it was given the remastering treatment. Not only did they remaster they even put the tracks into the correct sequence as to what was actually played live. It comes with a few extras like concert photos and pics of ads but that seems to be just an after though.

your Neighbour has taste. But as it goes for general production i would have to go for dark Side of the Moon and thats coming from a Bowie fan!!

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio USA

Post Number: 128
I like DSOTM, but I have grown to like to listen to Wish You Were Here more. I think it's just because of the amount of air time DSOTM get's on the radio, and I kind of get tired of all the special effect sounds too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us