Need HELP!!!!!!????????

Bronze Member
Username: Extremesound1

Coventry, RI United states

Post Number: 31
i have a onkyo reciever and i think something happened to it. whyll i ways playing it sometimes it would just shut off.(i think it was from be to loud or overheating) but i would just turn it back on. well one day when i turned it back one after it randomly shut off there was a SPARK AND A SMALL PUFF OFF SMOKE COMING OFF THE RECIEVER. THEN JUST SHUT OFF AGAIN. know it goes on but in 1sec it shuts right off. press the power button a million times it just shuts right back off HELP HELP HELP

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1258
Roland

It's broken. It needs to be repaired. The protection circuitry is cutting in which is why it is switching off. The amp does this to save you a bigger bill later on. If you didn't have the protection circuitry the amp would probably have fried totally. Let's hope this hasn't happened.

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
thanx were do you think i could bring it i got from radioshack do they repair??? o yay warranty expired to it ****** sucks. or i would of have it repaired in no time

thanx again

Username: Nottingham365

MA USA

Post Number: 5
Roland,
You can use the link below to find an Onkyo authorized service center.

http://www.onkyousa.com/locator.cfm

Of course, since the warranty is expired, it isn't necessary to have the receiver serviced at an authorized shop. With a little basic research (yellow pages, internet), you can find a shop in your area that repairs audio and video equipment.

Depending on the cost of repair, it might be more sensible to buy a new receiver. If you do bring it in, you will be charged a diagnostic fee at the very least.

Also, determine exactly what caused the shutdown so that you can avoid the problem in the future. Maybe your listening habits require different equipment.

Good luck,
Ross

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
awesome thanx big help, i can go to the circuit city about 25 min away from

thanx again

Silver Member
Username: Geekboy

Tampa, FL United States

Post Number: 439
Roland, I miss Rhode Island. I hope that everthing goes well for you. You're going to the Circuit City in Warwick?

I would recommend the Electronic Repair shop on Broadway in Newport, but that's a little far from you. It's an independent store and the guy there is VERY good.

As others suggested, you may try to go through a larger retailer, like Circuit City. If it's no longer under warranty, I always opt for the "local" electronics guru.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1064
Rhode Island? Ever heard of a place called Wright's Chicken Farm?

Silver Member
Username: Geekboy

Tampa, FL United States

Post Number: 441
Stu wrote: Rhode Island? Ever heard of a place called Wright's Chicken Farm?

No. I lived in Newport for 30 years. I didn't visit the "mainland" that often. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us