C372 or c162 & c272

Username: Paul_currie

Post Number: 5
I am looking at replacing my NAD c317 (faulty after 2 years with a left channel hum) with a NAD c372 . My other gear is NAD c540 cd B&W 603 s2 and a B&W amp . Price really isn't the main factor but more being ever satisfied and not wishing I'd stepped up . So should I too consider the c162 and c272 , and if so how much better could I expect it to be . What would be the weakest link in the set up .

Post Number: 6
Sorry I meant B&W sub not amp

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 389
Paul,

I was driving my B&W602S3's through my Marantz SR-7300 (a/v receiver) and I wasn't 100% happy with stereo listening. Since I purchased the C162/272 combo, the speakers really perform wonderfully. It's not that I play my music louder, it's just that B&W's like power behind them. It's a great combo for the money imho.

Post Number: 7
My Rantz , Thanks for your time taken to respond . Fortunately my retailer has suggested I take home and try the c372 which I am now . I am really impressed with this but am unsure how much better the c162 & c272 will be . After reading some good articles on line I am keen to make what I've got the best it can be so I will bi wire my 603's . Can a c372 be bi amped latter and if so would my old (if repaired ) c317 be the unit to use given I would have it surplus .

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 390
Paul, the 372 is great and has the same power rating as the 162/272 combo, but as far as using it and the 317 to bi-amp, I just don't have the experience to advise. However, I believe the difficulty would be getting all things equal to the two speakers.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us