Is This a Problem

Phil Krewer
I have an RX-V1. The other day when I was going to listen to some cds and turn on the receiver before the cd player I thought I heard some noise so I turned the volume up all the way and could hear the tuner. Out of curiousity, I turned down the volume and selected tuner and yeah it seemed I was picking up my tuner through the cd conection. The odd thing about it was when I went back to cd and turn on the player the bleed through stopped. I changed the coax input to another connector and when I put it on cd I got the bleed through back. I then desided to listen to all inputs. The tape input was the most noticeable, the phono input just gave me noise and all of the rest of the inputs picked up my tuner at low levels. At this point I getting a little ticked because I'm think I've got a problem and really like the V1, but it weighs 62 lbs and I really don't want to exchange it. I decided to keep playing with and I noticed that when I keep hitting the input key for cd and change the mode to dts the bleed through stopped. This happened on all input that I could adjust the mode including the LD, but it stopped at both dts and RF. So it seemed that I was getting the bleed through in analog mode only. I had a extra pair of analog connects and connected to the cd player and the bleed through stopped with the player on standby and the input mode set to analog, but if I unpluged the cd player the bleed through returned. I turn on the TV and when I did this the bleed through stopped but I did get noise at high volumes.

I have two questions:

1. is this a problem with the receiver?

2. the receiver is not grounded and if I ground it will this help?

Phil

Phil,

My short answer is I don't know.

Did you ever experience such a thing with the Denon (or any of the previous receivers you had).

Is the antenna connected for the tuner? I think your best next move is to try and ground that suckah.

Let us know...sorry I couldn't be of more help ;-(

-h1pst3r

Phil Krewer
H1pst3r,

I put this on the hometheater forum as well and the response that I got is that this is typical of Yamahas and some other receivers. Evedently what I'm experiening is cross-talk or bleed into inactive inputs and once you put a source on the input the bleed goes away and after a little experimenting I found that to be true. But, considering I had not experienced this before I was concerned, but glad I don't have to lug this back to Tweeter's.

Take it easy,

Phil

thedude
I have a Yamaha RXV520 ane experience the same problem.

My TV, VCR, DVD,CD are all connected to the Yamaha. The TV,VCR are connected in analog inputs while the DVD is connected via coaxial and the CD is connected via Optical. When the TV is on while watching TV shows on Cable whenever i switch my AVR to DVD then i crank up the volume i can hear the shows on the TV eventhough imj in DVD mode of my AVR. If i turn off the TV the sound will also went away. Same thing if i play a CD..i can hear the CD playing eventhough im in DVD mode. the bleed will stop if i play a DVD or maybe i just didnt notice it coz i never crank up the volume when DVD is playing

Phil Krewer
thedude,

That sounds a little different than what I was talking about. First I only get the tuner, nothing else. Second, I only get it when I switch to an input that has nothing connected to it and with the volume near max. I never hear it when I'm on an input that is activel, no matter what the volume is or if anything else is playing. Your situation sounds more serious and might be an actual problem with the receiver.

Phil

thedude
Phil,

Yeahh....though i disposed my Yamaha and buy a Denon 1803. No bleed this time. I just share my experience with my yamaha..thats why i dispose it already
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us