Main Speakers for Denon AVR 4306

Username: Uroy

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased a Denon AVR4306 and I looking for a set of main speakers to go with it. I currenlty have a set of Polk RMS7200 HT speakers that I will be replacing. I want to do phase replacement, starting with the mains. I am currently looking at the Polk LSi15, but I am concerned about their 4 ohm impedance and the Denon's ability to drive them. Any help would be appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Jethro

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 34
b&w dm604s3 is ur answer with that receiver.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6906
What is your budget?

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 863
A great pair of towers would be either the Onix Rocket RS760's ($1499/pr) or the RS850's ($1999/pr)--both are 8 ohms and come in either rosewood, ebony, or oak. They are also the best built and most beautiful speakers I have ever seen at anywhere near the price. Not to mention great sounding. Onix gives great pricing on speaker package deals too.

One great package is having 2 pair of RS760's ($1499/pr)and a RSC200 (center $599) at $3,098--savings of $700. Or one a neighbor of mine has: front towers RS760's ($1499/pr), rear bookshelf RS250 MKII ($599/pr), and a RSC200 (center $599)at $2,398--savings of $300. They also have dipoles for surrounds at $599/pr and the package price for the above with them substituted for the RS250 MKII would be $2,298. I personally prefer listening to the directionality of monopoles in surround. But if one wants to adhere to strict THX advice they say to use the dipoles.

Post Number: 2
Berny - My budget is about $1,500/pr.

Post Number: 3
Gregory - I noticed that the Onix Rockets are sold only online. Everything I have read about these speakers seem to be positive, but I would really like to listen to them before I buy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us