New to Board, New to Home Audio

Username: Kramerica72

Boston, MA

Post Number: 1
I have been reading this board for a few days now, as well as other review sites, and admittedly I am more confused as to what I need that before... This is my first attempt at a decent home system, and want to do it right while keeping a decent budget. The room I am working in is smaller, and great sound for my HDTV, DVDs and ideally music through my PC are the most important things. I read about HDMI, wireless PC connectivity (JVC) and don't really know what is important anymore- Would ideally like to spend in the $500.00 range on the receiver-

thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7685

" ... and great sound for my HDTV, DVDs and ideally music through my PC are the most important things."

Geezo-beezo! Can't anyone just want mediocre to crappy sound anymore?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6534
Welcome, Todd!

Boston, MA

Post Number: 2
Thanks guys-

I'm getting close to buying the Yammie V757 for $380.00 new--sound like a deal?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6539
Yes, sounds like a deal, but what speakers will you be using with that?

Boston, MA

Post Number: 3
I just purchased the V757--speakers are next on the list-

The room is about 9x12--any suggestions on a system that won't break the bank? (Under $500) Fluance? Micra 6?

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3669
$500...is that just for 5 speakers, including a sub or no?

Bronze Member
Username: Jethro

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 20
500 on receiver and 500 on speakers is like u might as well just get a ht in a box. best bet at this point is just spend 500 on fronts and get the rest when u got the $$ cause 500 bucks won't even get u far for fronts alone.

later

Boston, MA

Post Number: 4
The more I read on here, the more it sounds like 2 good l/r fronts and a sub will go farther than a cheaper 5.1. Would you agree?

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3670
if you only have $500 to spend and want very good music reproduction, yes.

If your primary (60% and above) use is HT, 2 pairs of Athena AS-B1s and the C-1 center will set you back about $360 from audioadvisor.com then just add $120 for the Dayton sub from partsexpress.com

Bronze Member
Username: Jethro

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 25
edster has a good cheap solution to HT. this is good suggestion although i think if u alredy spend that much on ur receiver, u will do urself an injustice to chince out on 5.1 for 500 bucks. although the athena combo w/ dayton sub will be adequate for ht, u won't be satisfied.
just my opinion

later
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us