Need help..Yammie RX-V2600 or Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXVi

ineedhthelp
Unregistered guest
I'm trying to choose between these two receivers for a home theater. I just bought the Sony 50" SXRD rear-projection LCD. I'll be using this mainly for home theater. Help!! Also, would oyu always buy from an authorized dealer or just get the best price on the web possible from someone like plasmahouse.com. Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 786
It really depends on the speakers you have or will be getting, but in general I would get the PE 74txvi.

As far as purchasing it online it is always a slight gamble. You are generally not going to get the customer service with questions you have and you likely won't get the warranty. There are online places that sell a warranty with the equipment you buy. You pays your money and take your chances--and hope for the best. Or you prefer to spend more and sleep better at night. It is up to you.

Username: Hypoxic_ones

Chantilly, Va

Post Number: 1
Pioneer has a list of authorized vendors on the Pioneer website (click the "where to buy" link on the Elite models specification page at the Pioneer site), but most of the internet sellers are "out of stock". I've been looking for the 74TXI myself and have not had many internet choices. I have listened to both the 74 and 2600. Either is good but I found Pioneer a bit warmer through my Definite Tech's, and it sounded better with the movie demo set up in the sound room. The sales tech was absolutely insisting on the Denon 3806, but admitted after listening to the Yamaha and Pioneer that either was a decent pick. Either way it's a good idea to listen for yourself since they are, after all, your ears. Oh,yeah -- my wife liked the Pioneer better too. She thought the Yamaha sounded "sharp" and "didn't trust" Denon (I can't defend that, only repeat it. Oh well.) Anyway, I'm getting the 74TXI as soon as I can find a decent price and acceptable warranty.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us