Quickie Cable question

Paul2004
Unregistered guest
Hi - I need a bit of advice ...

I have builders in at the moment and they have just finished laying a wooden floor. I got them to lay new cable underneath it for me but they have made a complete balls of it. They left about 5 inches of slack on one side - totally useless.

My question is, if i solder extra cable to the short side am i going to lose sound quality? ... Just wanted to check before i made them rip up the floor and start again.

(Cable is this stuff : http://www.nordost.com/products/2flat4flat.html)

Thanks for the help,
Paul

Username: Mongo

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 5
Soldering an extension to speaker cable should work just fine, assuming a good solder joint and reasonable insulation between the two wires. Heat-shrink tubing would be best, but electrical tape should be OK. Make sure you maintain the phasing polarization (red-to-red and black-to-black).

Jan Vigne
Unregistered guest
I'm not sure your situation will work with this solution but I would simply terminate the ends where they are with binding posts mounted on a wall plate. If you make your connections properly you will have a gas tight connection that will allow you to change speaker cables to any type and lenghth from the binding post outward.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us