Im back guys ,and it feels good!!!

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1112
It feels like i've been away for years,I missed you guys.So im back for more thrills and more fun,and to help in any way I can.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 713
What were you doing, serving a suspension?

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 197
I hate weeks in jail, tooTW.
Just kidding, hope you were on vacation

Gold Member

Post Number: 1113
Vacation yeah something like that,I went to England during my bad computer duration,I love their audio comunity,they celabrate it like the NFL!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1114
Stu has Paul been back yet?

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2766
Nope, we were wondering if he got sent to the same place! lol

anyways, welcome back!

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6380

Welcome back, Tawaun.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1118
Thanks Jan and Eddie,Jan I like how you spoted PBs attempt to revive the first order crossover rants,Bravo I wish I was as classy as dimissing him as you were.I hope to get along with Bayless though the man does have great measurement knowlege,I just wish he wouldnt be so closed minded.Oh yeah Jan those new Rogers sound real good you would be pleased and with a little added bass punch.

Silver Member
Username: Audioholic

Post Number: 198
Tawaun, since you brought it up, tell me what I posted that was an attempt to "revive the first order crossover rants" in your mind. I simply referenced a link to an article written by someone quite knowedgable with no advertising dollars to sway him on a particular speaker model. I happen to agree with his assesment. So do many many others. Tawaun, the 7" drivers in Wilsons speakers are wired out of phase. They HAVE to be because they utilize a 2nd order network. Apparently this doesn't bother you (shrugs his shoulders) Wire your mids/tweeters out of phase to hear what this does to music. Add to that, the outrageous price tag..........egads....I guess if sombody has money to burn for bad sound.......call David Wilson. Very nice finish though. Very nice. Too bad ya can't just look at em............high wife acceptance factor.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 716
Here we go again...

Now how much did you miss us Tawaun?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1125
I dont Stu,Bayless have heard any Wilson speakers?They are one of the best speakers I've heard.Maybe you need to go take a listen for yourself and without being biased and their would be no way you would not like the way they sound.Bayless you are a knolegeable guy,set aside some of your predjudices listen to this qaulity speaker.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 275
Maybe PB needs to take a look at his "Wilsons Ripped Big Time" thread and read farther down it to see that they are used as studio monitors, and exactly how many movies were mastered on WA speakers.

BTW, some music studios, such as some sony and some epic, use WA as well according to their website.

They are without a doubt some of the best speakers ever produced, and wouldn't hesitate to own a pair in the future, even if it means driving the same car for another year or two.

Silver Member

Post Number: 200
Tawaun, yes I have heard Wilson speakers. The Watt/Puppy's. Not sure which version they were, but my impressions were exactly that of Richard Hardesty's.

Silver Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 652
T-Man,

Welcome back to the audio world. Now, just so I know what we're talking about. Which Wilsons? There are the Wilson Audio speakers made near SLC and they're decent. Then, there the Wilson speakers that run $25000 or so and they're absolutely incredible. I heard them in $100,000 plus set-up and it's the best sound I've ever heard.

Now, I'll grant you I haven't had a ton of listening experience for anything in that range but they beat the pants off anything I've heard in the sub $10,000 range. Just liquid smooth and incredible soundstage with a warmth that is hard to describe.

Anyway, I just want to make certain I know what we're comparing and whether we're all talking about the same speakers, Paul. Thanks guys.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1135
Thanks David,yes the Wilsons are increadible,what ever Bayless is talking about he has his mind set on anything that doesent have a first order crossver isnt any good.Bayless if first order is the only way to go why didnt Paramount or Universal call Green Mountain,Theil,or Vandersteen to do all those movies I guess all those sound engineers are dumb and incorrect to huhh?

Silver Member

Post Number: 202
Tawaun, Joe Ferla uses GMA speakers. Google his name to see what he's engineered on before you start badmouthing a stellar product like GMA please? On another note....did you read the Soundstage review on the Epiphony's?

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2791
Paul, I haven't read that review yet so if you could post a link to it, I would very much appreciate it.

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 719
Dakulis, the speaker being re-reviewed was the Wilson Watt Puppy -

http://www.wilsonaudio.com/products/wattpuppy/index.html

They are Wilson's best selling and most well known product.

Their reference product the Alexandria X-2 retails for over $100,000

http://www.wilsonaudio.com/products/Alex/index.html

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6405

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/171393.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 1136
Yeah I read it Bayless I talked to Klaus about it well contact him and he will tell you.Bayless did you read the one in Enjoy the Music,did you go to their European site did you go to the one in Mexico,have you been one the Odyssey forum,maybe it will be food for thought, you know since you beleive everything you read.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1137
And by the way Bayless the latest review on a Odyssey product on Soundstage is the Nightengales you can read about how they beat up on some Vandersteens with a first order crossover which is the only way you think it can be done.Oh I almost forgot Bayless im going up to Cleveland tomorrow to hear guess what!your beloved Green Mountains,actually the real reason im going is to go buy the Epos M12.2 who the owner says sounds better than the GMs that cost $2295, gee I hope the GMs arent letting you down that would be a pitty since you hold their performance in such extreme regard.

Silver Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 656
Kano and Jan,

thanks for the clarification and the update. At least now I know what you folks are discussing evne if I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm afraid, I miswrote.

The Wilson Audios were the high end speakers I listened to and the guy in SLC distinguished them from another speaker, whose name I cannot remember. Anyway, I went back to his site to seek and get clarification and I wanted to make certain I didn't mislead anyone with my ignorance. Thanks, Dave

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
Tawaun, the Epos are good speakers. You'll enjoy them a lot. I've heard many Epos products. Looking more and more like the GMA Callisto or Callipso will be my next speaker. Depends on pricing. Nothing I have heard comes close to the Callisto anywhere's close to it's price.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1166
I would say that Bayless the Callisto is very good for the money and they do bring pianos to life like no other speaker I've heard,but they are very foward,not bright they may not be everyones taste.I like the Epos better,but i will say the Callisto is now one of my favorite speakers,I could live with their fowardness to get a explicit sound like that without being bright,yes they are one of my favorites along with the 12.2s,Dynaudio Confidence C1,Dynaudio Focus 220s,Epos M22s,B&W 704s,B&W 802d,Ariel 20Ts,and yes the Wilson Sophias,Wilson Watt Puppy,and of course the almighty Wilson Audio Maxx series 2,Thiel 2.4cs,Whafedale Opus 3,Dali Megaline and Helicon 400 and last and the cheapest speaker and they are a riot the Epos M5.Dont take this as im agreeing with you,I used my ears to determine that I liked them,go over to your thread and read what I had to say to you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
Tawaun, so you would consider this a great speaker?
http://www.soundstagemagazine.com/measurements/wilson%5Fwattpuppy6/
Or perhaps this one:
http://www.soundstagemagazine.com/measurements/wilson%5Fwattpuppy7/
Yeah, really nice ummmmm.....stuff.
At least THIS one looks ok.....but not for the $$$
http://www.soundstagemagazine.com/measurements/wilson%5Fsophia/

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1023
Well, I've listened to Wilson MAXX speakers and all I heard was a warm mess. Just goes to show the world's a funny place.

FWIW, I gues the 7" drive units are wired out of phase in order to reduce the phase shift caused by the 2nd order crossover. Seems reasonable to me.

Regards,
Frank.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6556

Well, at least someone who's heard the Maxx can say they weren't impressed. That's a step in the right direction. Listen and then pass judgement. As the commercials claim; priceless!

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6557

On the other hand, passing judgement without listening; worthless!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us