Receiver for B&W 805 Matrix with ML Descent Sub

Username: Ramirezv

Post Number: 1
I am looking for suggestions for a Receiver to replace my currently deceased Sony STR-DA50ES.

I have a pair of B&W 805 Matrix speakers (for about 8 years) and have been using them with a very unreliable Sony ES receiver (bad Sony!). Sound wasn't great, but it wasn't as bad as other systems I have listened recently.

Well finally the Sony's 5 year warranty ended and I need a new receiver for movies and music. I was thinking in the Pioneer Elite 53TX which is about $700 in bizrate.com or the HK130 ($300), both including shipping.

I don't care about specifications, I just want the music to be very dinamic and fun. Movies are a second priority but must sound acceptable.

Currently, the system is in my living room which is 13x17 (more or less) but they will end in a new listening room that will be 22'x14'5"x8' (I hope).

Speakers will still be the two B&W 805 Matrix (matching center maybe) and rear speakers are currently NHT superones. The subwoofer is a Martin Logan Descent I recently got in an exchange. Music source is a Meridian 506.20 CD Player for music. There is also a JVC DVD player being replaced.

I know this is a little of a crazy system but it does its job. Also, I have proved myself useless calibrating the system in the past, thats why I was thinking on the Elites MCACC.

Any suggestions on the Receiver?

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us