Acquired Used CD Player: Any Non-Intrusive Inspection/Cleaning Recommended?

Bronze Member
Username: Lovegasoline

NYC

Post Number: 82
This is the Meridian 508.20 mentioned in another thread. It is mint condition, around 7 years old.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2050
Congrats. I'm bettin' it sounds great. Let us know what you think.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 697
LG - You've come across a lot of great second hand stuff lately. I'm just curious, what do you have?

Bronze Member
Username: Lovegasoline

NYC

Post Number: 85
As you know, I've been scouring the earth for audio deals in order to afford a modest budget system.
The Meridian is HEAVY (20-25lbs?)!
I bought the Meridian because I got an exceptionally good deal... too good to pass up. It's far outside the parameters of my budget: my plan was to listen to it to satisfy my curiosity, then sell it at Bluebook value to someone who can best utilize it. The profit would then go back into my system ( I was thinking a Marantz 4300 CDP refurb would be more in line with the level of my other equipment ... though I'm open to suggestions and opinions).
When auditioning speakers, recently in a really great audio store, the salesman asked me what I currently owned. I mentioned the Meridian CDP and asked his opinion on the suitability of it in my system (my thought was that it would outclass my other gear). His opinion is that it's a great CDP and I should therefore hold onto it even if it does outclass my other gear.

I also bought a pair of lightly used Polk LSi9 speakers. These were over my budget (but a bargain for under $400).
Still running the Yamaha A-700 amp.
I do not know if my system has the quality to do justice to an evaluation the Meridian or not. I'll post when I get a chance to audition it.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us