Need Some Advise

Username: Robnva

Post Number: 1
I have read many of the posts on this site and need some "sound" advise on what receiver to get.
Here is what I currently have
HDTV Monitor 35' from A/V closet
HD Cable Box (DVI output)
Satelite Box (non HD)
Non progressive DVD player
Bose Lifestlye suround sound system

My A/V closet has COAX (x2), CAT 5E, and 14G speakerwires for every room (5) in the house.

Would like a receiver to do the following:
- Provide input for my DVD, HD Cable and Sat via DVI cable to my HD monitor.
- Have at least 3 zones (will run the rest later)
- Provide sound to my Bose system and not run the surround sound
- Cost under $1200

thanks for any advise

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 671
Please don't get offended when I say this...

I don't think you will hear a difference with just about any receiver you get. Bose is the best marketed and one of the worst sounding speaker manufacturers there is. If you intend on keeping the lifestyle speakers, get whatever receiver is the cheapest that has all of the features you need. For an independant review of the Bose Lifestyle system, check this link -

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2637
Sorry, buying a $1200 receiver to run a bunch of Bose speakers is like buying super-premium gasoline for a Yugo.

All you need is a receiver with all the connections you need, don't bother with 3 zones since that will up the price considerably, possibly way above your $1200 budget. A $400 Yamaha RX-657 or Pioneer 1015 will be plenty.

For $1200 plus whatever you get for eBaying the Lifestyle system you can get a real HT system that would sound about a thousand times better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us