Bose VCS-10?

Username: Billru44

Post Number: 1
Hey,

I have a receiver w/ Bose 201's as front channel speakers. I hear that you should match the center channel w/ the front channels?

Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone have any experience w/ this center channel WITH Bose front channel speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 254
the bose VCS 10 is with out a doubt the worst sounding center channel that I have ever heard, not much better than the bose cube speakers.

Username: Billru44

Post Number: 2
but, will another brand still sound good since i have bose front channels? i hear you shouldn't mix and match center and front channels

Anonymous

Bill to be straight with you, Bose has the worst reputation among speaker makers, both in their practices as a company, and in the quality of their product. I would advise that you get rid of them if possible. However, if you feel this is not an option which you wish to pursue (which I wouldn't hold against you, as everyone has a right to like what they like), then yes a Bose center would likely (but there is a chance you may find another that does as well or better) yield the best results for you in terms of tonally matching your mains. The best match would be yet another 201 if you could swing that. If not the VCS would likely suffice.

Bronze Member
Username: Pbdr

Post Number: 61
One suggestion, where you don't get rid of the bose speakers.

Maybe buy a matched left, right, center set of a differnt brand than bose and use the bose for surrounds? Surounds, while important, don't carry as much of the load as the LRF speakers and you may be able to get away with it. I personally use some bose 161s for surrounds and they a fine job as far as I'm concerned.

Just my 2 cents.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 256
good idea peter! I think that Paradigm is a fine brand if you are crunched for cash.

And to the comment that a 201 would work as a center. That is rediculous! There is no way a 201 would work as a center due to the fact that it has a single offset tweeter.

Anonymous

My mistake.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us