Simple Home repair for Denon Receiver?

Username: Caustill

Post Number: 1
Hello,

I own a Denon DRA-275R receiver which I am happy with. However, the power switch no longer turns on the receiver. I have never repaired such an item, but I am broke, handy, and good at following instructions.

Can anyone advise me of some simple diagnostics I might do to see what is wrong, and/or suggest a few common repairs that I might make and how I might do them? Maybe there is a link somewhere that describes how to replace a power switch, for example, or where the fuse is inside the receiver.

Humbly.

Chris

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5792

For those who feel excessively handy but have never tried to repair a piece of electronics equipment, I used to recommend a quick read from "Experiments in Electrocution". A short, terse essay which explained the many dangers of sticking your hands where they shouldn't go. Unfortunately, it it no longer available on line.

Chris, if the problem is the power switch, you can bypass the switch with an outboard unit. Any fuses meant for you to replace will be found easily by opening the case. If neither of these solves the problem, I would recommend stopping there and finding another solution.

Username: Caustill

Post Number: 2
Thank you Jan,

That is a very thoughtful reply. I will look into an outboard unit for the power switch, or an easy to find fuse inside the case. After that, I will bring it to a repair person, and will ensure that I don't electrocute myself.

Chris
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us