Help! Does anyone know about Infinity Speakers?

ed v.
Unregistered guest
Just need feedback, Good for surround sound? Any feedback will be appreciated. thanks

Anoni
Unregistered guest
They are sold at CC

Bronze Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 38
They sound good, but that's like saying chocolate is better than vanilla...its pretty subjective

ed v.
Unregistered guest
Are they comparable to some of the stuff that's posted in here? Thanks.

Anoni
Unregistered guest
ed v.

Get real man. Infinity make speakers from $300.00 a pair to $5000.00
Be more specific, which model do you have in mind?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5555

If he uses the $5,000 ones for surround, does he still need a center channel?

Gold Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 1035
In general and in my experience, Infinity speakers have a clean midrange, soft high frequencies and average bass punch (Paul would probably not like them when compared to his Cerwin Vegas). They tend to be a bit on the power hungry side. But you have to listen for yourself

Anoni
Unregistered guest
sure, if he decides to use 5 $5000.00 speakers for his whole surround system then why not ! :-)

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2346
Dale,
I knew a guy who had a pair of massive Infinities back in the 1980s that would rock like you wouldnt belive. They were even bigger than the D-9s, and considerably more expensive. I've even tried to google them up(just for fun), but came up empty because I didnt know the model number.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5576

What if he wants 7.1? Does he get 7 $5,000 Infinity's and then \-2 {one little bitty tiny infinity?}

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5577

I hate it when that stuff doesn't work.

anoni
Unregistered guest
hey man, it's all about the money! :-)

ed v.
Unregistered guest
No, I'm only considering the Primus voice matched 6.5 inch surround for my Onkyo tx-sr702. Thanks for your feedback.....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1044
Paul, I bet those "massive Infinities" required 1000 watts a piece just to whimper.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2361
Why would you say that?? You dont even know what speakers Im talking about. Heck, I dont even know what they were.......LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 1062
Because traditionally Infinities are not very efficient. Maybe your mystery speakers were the exception.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2363
To the contrary, I've tried to google vintage Infinity speakers and found that many were in the 97db+ range.

I never did find the pair my friend had though. Im guessing they were built circa 1985-1989, but cant find them anywhere on the web. Some of their older models from the 70s-80s look pretty interesting. From what I can see, Infinity has evolved from being a leading edge manufacturer, to just another clone blending in with todays boring and plain designs.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5670

Infinity is no longer the Infinity of days past. Arnie Nudell, one of the three founders of Infinity, has moved on to design the Genesis line out of Colorado. I believe Infinity is still designed within the Harman Group.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1073
Hook 'em up and in many case you will find that Infinity overrated it's sensitivity. I've owned probably 4 pair over the years. All were power hungry.

mojo86
Unregistered guest
Thanks for your knowledge. They're rated at 88db

mojo86
Unregistered guest
Thanks for your knowledge. They're rated at 88db
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us