Infinity Subwoofer

James Doer
Anyone else keep blowing fuses on their Infinity BU-80 subwoofer? Mine hums constantly, and blows it's fuse monthly.

Additionally, I get no sound out of the OUTPUT side of mine satellite speaker jacks. Shouldn't these just work?

Hi James - I read your post and while I don't have the answer to your question, I am curious as to whether you ever got it fixed. I just purchased the Infinity HTS-10 system with the bu-80 sub yesterday. Your problem has me concerned as to whether I made a bad decision. Any comments?
Thanks,
David

Username: Alanranch

Post Number: 2
I think you didnt make a bad choice. infinity speakers are great speakers that are know for clarity. BTW check out the infinity kappa sub. I have to say its one of the sweetest subs Ive ever heard.

Username: Loug

Post Number: 1
Jim - I own an RS12 sub from Infinity. My unit is now blowing fuses < a min from power on. This is the second time this has happened. I pulled my service record from last time and they replaced two capacitors. I am trying now to locate a repair facility. Love this sub but not the electonics.

Username: Vivisimonvi

Post Number: 1
I'm suprised this post is over a year old. This is also my first post on this forum. My second subwoofer ever was an Infinity Entra Sub 2. It sounded very good but the electronics failed after a month (not sure if I overdrove the amp). I sent it back for "repairs" but it came out worse than it originally looked (shipping really jacked this sub up). I eventually returned it for store credit. I never knew what was wrong with it (that would have voided my warranty if I took it apart), nor did they tell me.

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know where you can get the schematics for the Infinity BU-80? I blew a very small capacitor and dont know the value.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us