Sony Trinitron to the reciver is not working out

Username: Aaronz

Post Number: 1
Im using component video jacks, but the back of my Sony trinitron has the outputs that are yellow white and red instead of the blue green and red.

It also explains that I can connect a cable from the "monitor out" port from the receiver to the TV(video input), but there is no single "video input port on my TV. There are two sets of yellow, white, and red ports on my TV.

What do I do?

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 630
Yellow - Video
Red & White - Audio

Just buy a single composite (yellow) cable and plug it into a video INPUT on the TV, make note of what's it's called (ie Video 1, 2, or 3) and select it with the Tv/Video or function button.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3763
aaron,
Your trinitron does not accept component video, just composite. Those things should be marked on the back of your TV set, either embossed or by way of stickers. Look closer and you will se the designations.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5430

"What do I do?"

The first thing to do is read the owner's manual again. This time more carefully as it explains what the various connectors are for. Red and white audio connectors cannot be substituted for blue and green composite video connections. If the hook up is beyond you, and many of today's HT systems are beyond the comprehension of many people, ask the shop where you bought the equipment to draw a diagram of how things get hooked together or to supply a technician who can make the connections for you.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us