Fisher TAD 9415 Problem

C.Jackson
Unregistered guest
I have a Fisher TAD 9415 component system. Recently I was listening to a CD thru my DVD player with RCA component cords in phono mode, and I saw a flash of blue from the rear. then it went off. I immediatly unplugged it. Then I plugged it in again and it wouldn't work, the red light signaling on, lit, but it didn't come on. So I opened it up and come to find that the fuse was blown. I was VERY* happy to find that it was probably the fuse. So, I done the forbidden, I put tin-foil over the fuse, I done this just to make sure it was ok. So I put the case back on and turned it on. It came on and all the displays worked, all of the features also appeared to work (IE: CD changer, tape player ,ect.). But no sound! Usually when it starts you hear the speakers make a sound, meaning the amplifier had just "kicked-in", but I didn't hear it! I reopened the case and began looking for black spots signaling a spark of some kind, but I didn't find any!
So I'm now asking for advice, I really would like to get this fixed or at least diagnose the problem, because it has great sentimental value. Any and all advice is welcome.....

C.Jackson
Unregistered guest
Does anyone have any idea whats wrong with it? I don't have time to take it to a shop to get it looked at, although it seems I'm probably going to have to. I plugged it in again today and it works fine, just no sound and you can't here the amp kick in.

diet 7-up
Unregistered guest
Try Replacing Audio Amp IC STK401-130 on main amp board

Username: Machu

Sn diego, Ca Usa

Post Number: 1
I have problems with my cd player when i try to play I have a message "M-ERROR" i don't know what is it? the CD never plays

Username: Jyon

Grand Junction, CO

Post Number: 1
I am experincing a problem the backlights in the carousel are not working, nor is the am/fm receiver. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this unit... or ideas what is/may be a common problem to both of these?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us