Klipsch K-45-K vs K-33-E

SkieS
Unregistered guest
I found a pair of K-45-K's for a pretty good deal, but I have never heard of them... They are 15" drivers, and I was wondering if they would be better/worse the than K-33-E's... Was planning on using them as replacements on La Scalas. Any one know how it would work out?

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1204
The only mention I can find of the K-45 is for a theater system, rated at 800W with 2 such woofers.

The industrial La Scala use K-43 and they are rated at 200W instead of the K-33's 100W, but they roll off slightly higher on the low end (bass is deeper on the K-33).

I doubt the K-45 would work better since the LS is designed for the K-33. Do you need to replace the K-33 in a pair of La Scala's?

Gold Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1205
Why is this in the subwoofer forum?

SkieS
Unregistered guest
Might have to... if not, I was just gonna use them for when I do end up blowing them...
Peter, I do believe K-33's are subwoofers.... If I'm wrong let me know and point me in the right direction...

Gold Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1207
Well, K-33 are nearly indisruptable. What you doing to do with the La Scala's? DJ? What sort of amp?

The K-33 is a woofer, which is a driver in a speaker. This would be appropriate for the speaker forum.

Gold Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1208
indisruptable -> indestructible

Sorry...

SkieS
Unregistered guest
Ahh I see... Sorry then, will know for next time.. Using La Scala's for personal use... Using a Crown XLS-602 to power them.

Gold Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1211
370W per channel into 8 ohms... The La scala are rated for peaks of 400W (and I've heard as much as 1000W) so you should be okay as long as you are marginally careful.

That's a fairly inexpensive power amplifier at US$439.

How do the La Scala sound? Make sure to give them lots of space. They image extremely well separated by 18 feet or more, toed-in to point directly at the listenner.

SkieS
Unregistered guest
I find them amazing :-)... Yea.. I got the amp for $500 canadian shipped... I've heard good things about Crown but they're never mentioned on here... I'm at my grandparents' house right now, going home on the 15th... Then, gonna hook up my amp and power 6 subs...and then 2 weeks later, 8 subs...with the help of a NAD of course..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us