Marantz and HK coming through!

Bronze Member
Username: Builder1

Post Number: 19
I have been considering some of the more high end receivers but may end up getting something a little cheaper. This would be for a 7.1 setup. I watch alot of movies but need good music capabilites as well.

Looking at the Marantz SR8400 and HK AVR635, which one is recommended. Should the Denon 3805 even be considered in this bunch?

It seems the HK is really lacking in power compared to the Marantz but maybe I'm missing something.

Silver Member
Username: Jimvm

Louisiana U.S.A.

Post Number: 160
Yes the Denon should be considered. All three are great receivers. Except for HK's somewhat flimsy cabinet, all are well built. Don't be fooled by the numbers; HK's amp is just as powerful as the others'. Unlike the others, HK furnishes their spec in terms of "all channels driven simultaneously."

Of the three you mentioned, choose based on aesthetics, features, connectivity, ease of use and, of course, price.

patnshan
Unregistered guest
The 8400 is just great. I love it. I have heard a lot of great things about the others too. I think you will not be disappointed with any of the three. As for flimsy cabinets, the 8400 is built like a tank. I think I could (I won't) drop it and it would be OK. Well, maybe not:-)

Pat

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 220
I would not pay attention to the lower power ratings of HK. I think that model should be just as powerful. If you have a chance to audition them side by side that is your best bet.

A bunch of us scored on a really good deal on the SR8400 and are very happy about it so I didn't get a chance to actually compare them, but I have heard the Denon 3805 and it is a good unit as well.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us