Kenwood VR-6070 THX/DPL2. Anyone has this unit? (Page 8)

Anonymous
you could try using the tape out and in

The tape selector on the reciever is just a selector and not really a monitor. Or at least I don't see a way to configure it that way. I did try it though. Any other ideas?

Anonymous
can anyone help? i have the vr 6070,i can listen to dvds,cds,stereo,tv, fine. if i watch a vhs tape in pro logic,pro logic II,or csII my center and main speakers make funny sound during loud onscreen sounds.ive tried using vcr on vid 1, vid 2,and av aux,same results.but if i use prologic,prologicII,or csII on dvds or tv or stereo it sounds fine,even at louder volumes.ive also tried another vcr,and all new av cables.anyone have an idea?

Bob_M
What a great message thread!!!!!!
Based on the features and this thread I went and got my 6070 Thanksgiving Friday.

I got a deal at ABCWarehouse and got the receiver for $425 (and $50 warranty *shrug*). They claim they don't beat internet prices, but it didn't take much coaxing!

Well I still need some new wires Component Video (new DVD also) Digital Audio (coax or optical?) and a subwoofer cable (are those special or just RCA cables? - No I don't mean the super duper monster cables just the basic subwoofer cables)

John Briggs
Hello Bob M.

Yes, these are special cables and if you are not interested in monster cables, you may go to your local Radio Shack and find digital coaxial cables there. =]

Jeffrey
Update to my previous postings.

I found that with my settings which are, sub On, all speakers set to large, surr remix On, and sub remix to On, there is a difference in the sub output out of the RCA pre-out between the effects modes like CSII and Stereo. The manual says that in my config, the Sub signals are sent directly to the Front speakers. I found that the sub signal is still there in stereo, I just have to turn the sub output on the remote menu sound function up +5-8 to get the same level as it was at in the surround effects modes. This is likely why John posted what he did and I was mis-informed, sorry John. In any event, I still have my set-up the same because most of my listening is in home theater or surround effects modes. If I want to listen in Stereo mode, I just turn up the bass from the remote.

John Briggs
Jeffrey,

I am familiar with the owner's manual and nowhere does it state that if you select SW REMIX on that it will direct bass frequencies to the sub. As far as the sound a vision article, I have not seen it yet. If this is the case, then Kenwood did a poor job describing the sub remix functions.

John B.

Jeffrey
John,

From page 23 of the manual, part 3 of the setup "Select a speaker system"

""-When the setting "SUBW OFF" is selected, the front speakers are automatically set to "FRNT LARGE" and the procedure skips to step 6.

-When subwoofer output sound is required, select "FRNT NML/THX", or select both "FRNT LARGE" and "SW RE-MIX ON".""

From part 4 of the setup:

""-For "FRNT LARGE" selection, no sound will be heard from subwoofer speaker even when it is set to ON. However, if you select "SW RE-MIX ON" when subwoofer is selected, you will be able to hear sound from the subwoofer. When in STEREO mode, the sound goes directly to front
speaker.""

The very last sentence from the quote above from part 4 is what I was referring too about the Sub output being lower in Stereo mode if you select front/large and sub re-mix on. The quotes from Part 3 above show that if you select front large and sw remix to ON, then you will get sub output with this config. This mirrors what I have experienced in my set-up and usage so far. Check the manual and re-read it a few times like I had to to try and make sense of it. It is not the best instructions.

Incendentally, I was apologizing to John A for a response I had to him from a previous post, sorry if you thought it was you.

To All,

I found this info on Crutchfield.com

Surround Back/Subwoofer Options: This receiver gives you the option of using the Surround Back speaker output to drive a non-powered subwoofer. During the speaker setup procedure, you can turn on the Surround Back/Subwoofer SPEAKER TERMINAL, then select whether to send a Surround Mix signal (the Surround Left and Surround Right channels are mixed together) or a Subwoofer Re-Mix signal to this SPEAKER TERMINAL. When configured to output Subwoofer Re-Mix signals, a 24dB/octave, 80Hz low-pass filter is used to ensure that only bass signals are sent to a PASSIVE SUBWOOFER. (NOT LFE/coaxial out).

Jeffrey
To John B,

I think your post from Crutchfield is misleading as it only states the first part of your post and your part in parentheses which is your comment. (Not LFE/coaxial out) is not a statement they made and I believe that is not what they intended. I know that my RCA output is internally crossed over because my sub has the option of crossing over the signal and I have not had to enable this option on my sub because the incoming signal is already low pass filtered. This part I am sure of and I have swichted the subs to line/level (with sub crossover) and RCA level sources and found little difference in the sub response.

As for the sub remix and if the Front/Center/Surrounds are remixed to the sub pre-out, well, that is just part of my testing that I believe it is. To each their own with testing will tell.

As for Crutchfield, they are likely interpreting the manual as it is highly unlikely they will go thru full configurations and testing for all the equipment they sell, there are just too many products that would cost them a fortune to do. So we as consumers have to test our own products.

Jeffrey
One other thing about the sub signal. If you understand electronics, you will know that an amp is fed by a pre-amp signal. In this case, the pre-amp is the sub RCA output. The amp signal is the Subwoofer Speaker Terminal output. The same signal used to drive the pre-amp output is likely used to drive the speaker terminal output. Either way, it would be the same signal that is internally crossed over in the 6070.

Ryan Cleaver
Just got the 6070 open box from Circuit City for $450, plus the very popular Onkyo SKSHT-500 speaker set for $200 more. Somebody please help me! I hooked up a 150 Watt AIWA speaker with a 6 ohms impedence for the front right speaker; am I at risk of blowing it? (100 Watt channels for the receiver, recommends impedence between 8-16 ohms) Also, which is better to hook up my PS2: the THX Monster optical cable or the PS2 Monster optical cable? Finally, I heard you can upgrade this to a 7.1 if the time came with some creative wiring. Is that for real?

But this system rocks and think the remote is the coolest thing ever. Every other system I looked at had little nondescript remotes, this thing is like a James Bond device.

Anonymous
Believe it or not, I have the entire thread. But, I still have some questions.

First, here's a very open ended question: How does the 6070 compare with the Denon AVR-1803 or the Onkyo TX-SR600? All three seem in the same price range so info on performance, feature differences (besides THX), ease of use (the Onkyo has an on-screen-display), connectivity (the Onkyo has a very easy to understand layout on the back), etc.

I am building my first receiver/speaker set up. For speakers, I have Monitor Audio B2 for the front and surround speakers, the Bronze Center, and a Velodyne 10" for the sub. The speakers are 6 Ohm rated for 100 Watts (B2) and 120 Watts (Center). Will this receiver have any issues driving these speakers (ie too little or too much power)? I don't believe that I'll be using the preouts with a separate amp anytime soon, if ever.

And as Matthew Sterns asked earlier, in a 6.1 setup, do you use the same speaker for a rear center as the surrounds, or should it be like the front center

Thanks for any information.

Jeffrey
The 6070 is stated as able to drive 8-16 ohms. Anything less than that and you are running the unit at your own risk. However, I have done some reading into the Traitr output Amps that are used on these model of Kenwoods and they have two features that protect you, an output overload protection, which shuts the unit down if you are overloading the outputs, and a thermal compensation circuit built into the transistors that if I recall correctly, adjusts the audio signal based on the thermal properties of the transistors. These two should prevent you from blowing your unit.

For running in 6 ohms, try using the unit for an extended period of time at moderate to high volumes and then check the temperature of the unit by touch, if you can't hold your hand over the top/front part of the unit where the bulk of the transistor heat is dissipated, then you are likely overdriving the outputs and this will shorten the life of your 6070. Transistors are designed to operate within certain heat parameters and while it is possible to run then above these parameters, doing so shortens the life of the transistors thru thermal breakdown of their internal junctions. Meaning in English, if you run a transistor designed to run at 100 degree farenheiht for an extended period of time at 150 degrees, the device will fail much sooner than the expected life time. This is true for all electronics and why computers today have so many fans in them.

As for speakers, what I have seen recommended most is that the speakers are timbre matched and of equal output ratings, 100 watts or whatever. They do not have to be the exact same speaker, but most recommend the same brand because the timbre matching is best. I have the same brand and similar size speakers for each of my 6.1 units and the sound is great as it blends very well.

I can't comment on the other units as I have not used them.

Alex
Just in case there are still people out there waiting for a good bargain on this receiver....
Vanns.com is selling the unit for about $425.00
nice thing is they are an authorized dealer so you get the 2 year warranty. Also no tax or S&H charges. so pretty much $425.00 out the door. I'm saving up money and the next couple of pay checks and I shall get one of these babies too :)

EL
Alex you had better to hurry up or ask your boss an advance on your pay check
Promo Price: $428.50
Promo Ends: Dec 03, 2002
Shipping:UPS Ground:FREE!

http://www.vanns.com

Just ordered mine It will ship on monday
Thank you for alll the post Guys.

Eclypse
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the great info on this Kenwood VR-6070 receiver! I was almost gona buy the Onkyo 600 till i found this thread about a week and a half ago.. God and i happy i foud this thread!

I priced matched the unit from 6th ave at ABC warehouse and got it for 424 out the door the 2 nights before Thanksgiving! Wow was i ever thankfull this year hehehe.

Great receiver in every way.. First movie i watched was Pearl Harbor in 5.1 THX EX Surround and was totally blown away on my older Bose Accustimass 7's for the front and 5's version II for the surrounds and the 3's for the rear left and right... Yes lots of Bass with those 3 woofers! hehehe. Yeah i know new speakers please! But it will have to wait till sometime next year after i get married and move into a new house and see what i need.. But i'm thinking Polk Audio...though i havent really listened to anything else.

Anyways... Thanks again and have a beer or 2 on me! Great thread.

Eclypse

dinnu
Urgent Help!! I bought my VR6070 yesterday and connected them to Polk RTi100 (Front left and right) and CSi130 (Center). When I turned on my receiver, it just blew up... looks like it got short circuited or something. I heard a popping sound with smoke ... Does any one know what could be the problem... I am going to exchange it today, but did not want to repeat the mistake.

Michael Herczeg
Attn: To All who can give me feedback to my challenge...

Last month we purchased the VR-6070 as a family-gift for my brother & sister-in-law. Me and my brother have set up the unit in the following configuration with soundmeter and tape measure for accuracy: 5.1 speaker set-up with nml/thx and subwoofer via RCA pre-out to a powered sub. The DVD player has only digital co-axial output only, so hooked up the toshiba dvd player via monster digital co-axial cable into DVD/6ch input at the rear with the single cable. Video3 is used for cable-TV viewing and CD/DVD for the CD player. Monster cable is used for subwoofer connection as well. Input detection mode is "FULL AUTO". At the moment Dolby Digital is working fine...the problem is with the use of DTS 5.1 decoding from various movies such a Pearl Harbor, Gladiator and so forth. For example, Pearl Harbor uses 2 discs, so after we eject the first disc and insert the second disc...the display for red LED DTS and white sections on the display start to flash and the receiver always freezes at this point. The dvd continues to play the video part on the TV..but no sound showing up at all. The only way to overcome this situation is to change input selector to another source and back to DVD/6CH which resets everything. Then, and only then the receiver auto scans the signal from scratch. Also for example if one watches a dvd movie half-way and stops the movie from the dvd player itself and inserts another different dvd movie (using either Dolby Digital or DTS 5.1)...the receiver again freezes and does not detect properly the new disc that is inserted...basically the display continues to flash with no sound at all in this case as well. Please give me any appropriate feedback as required. As far as I know the "FULL AUTO" should detect any changes at any-time? Please Note that we always select the sound-mode from the dvd player menus and have selected bit-stream output from the dvd. There is no problem when turning on the receiver for the first time and playing the first disc only as it functions perfectly in both DTS 5.1 and Dolby Digital...during "FULL AUTO" detection mode...the problems arrises after using the second disc or just want to watch a second different movie...this hang-up sometimes shows up for Dolby Digital as well. Could somthing be wrong with the reciever itself (microchip)? As far as I am aware...everything is setup correctly?

Thanks...Michael

Ryan Cleaver
Herczeg
I had a similar problem until I activated DTS mode on my DVD player. Of course I used optical cable, so that mihgt be your problem too.

Hello Jeffrey,

Since you are insistent on shooting me down, re-read my Crutchfield post and define for us all the word "PASSIVE"...

And if you would like, why don't you click on my name to the left of this post and e-mail me with your phone number, or at least start including your e-mail address when you leave a post so we do not take up any more space on this thread discussing this subject that we are not getting anywhere with.

Regards, John / machinist68

j.b.
im getting clipping noise when watching video tapes.i tried using a diffrent vcr and using diffrent inputs(video 1 video 2 video 3 and aux)ive also triednew cables and turning down input to minus 6,ive used the bass peak still having same problem.everything else sounds fine tv,ps2,dvd,tuner,cassettes.but ALL vcr tapes
clip.this is in all modes except csII mono.

Jeffrey
j.b. do you have the specs on your VCR for the outputs? They should not exceed 320mV and if so, then you will need to find a way to reduce them to a lower level, which can be done, but not for the faint of heart.

John B, I don't need to leave my email, this thread is for open discussion on the 6070 and I have been very civil with my responses. I said that I found your statement in error, this is my opinion as the 6070 manual does not state anything about SW remix option being for passive only. I have the sound and vision and the ultimate DVD platinum DVD's as test material and I have in fact tweaked with the settings until my wife thinks I am crazy. So we disagree, but I have as much right to express my view as you do yours as long as we are not attacking one another, a simple debate and leave it at that. Sorry to have upset you.

I believe the Crutchfield interpretation is correct, I just disagreed with the part you stated about SW Remix not working for LFE/Pre-out. Maybe this is not what you intended, but this is the way I interpreted it.

John Briggs
Whatever... You assume too much. =]

Bill Resnick
I am upgrading to the 6070. My old AV receiver only has dolby digital.A few questions:
1. Is there a way to incorporate the old receiver into a new configuration?
2. Does the additional rear sub-woofer have to be passive?
3. Has anyone experimented with wireless surround speakers?
Thanks for the help..

Michael Herczeg
TO: Ryan Cleaver and the rest on this message-board.

Ryan please elaborate on choosing and activating DTS mode from the DVD player? After inserting a disc, We always selected either surround-mode via the DVD on the movie menu to choose Dolby Digital or DTS 5.1 channel before we start playback of the movie. Are you then talking about menus done by the dvd player itself and not the movie options from the disc? We have looked at the dvd menus and there are no options for choosing DD or DTS directly from our Toshiba DVD. Only when a disc is inserted do we choose the surround-mode accordingly from the movie disc itself.

Also as I have mentioned in my previous posting, we are not using optical connection...but are actually using co-axial digital RCA style connection in bitstream mode from Toshiba DVD player to the VR-6070 DVD/6CH input at rear.

Has anyone else experienced this problem that I posted on Monday-December 2nd, 2002 03:33PM. (I do not want to repeat my previous post here for space considerations on this excellent message-board in regards to the KENWOOD VR-6070.) By the way, this is an excellent receiver for the money (TOP NOTCH RTO - return on investment) and highly recommend it to anyone looking for an entry-level THX Select Certification Receiver with beyond entry-level performance!!!

I am actually seeking a solution to the challenge ("PROBLEM") in regards to my previous posting that can be appropriately applied.

sincerely yours, Michael

I have posted my email-address to facilitate better communications. Just click on my name.

TO: BILL RESNICK
Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 11:51 am
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am upgrading to the 6070. My old AV receiver only has dolby digital.A few questions:
1. Is there a way to incorporate the old receiver into a new configuration?

ANSWER: You can sell, give it as a gift, or incorporate your old receiver with the new KENWOOD VR-6070 as your options. You can use the preouts from the VR-6070 to your old receiver accordingly per your choosing and layout-requirements. Your actual various optional configurations methods of using your old receiver is to vast to list here...so please click on my name and contact me via email.

What audio equipment do you currently have, since you stated you are upgrading...especially what speakers do you have to incorporate...in order to answer your inquiry properly so you do not lose your previous investment.

Do you already own a passive subwoofer?
Do you already have the VR-6070 in your possession?
What is your room layout-like...etc?

2. Does the additional rear sub-woofer have to be passive?

ANSWER: NOT NECESSARILY...see first answer above, generally if you use the built-in amp in SubWoofer Rear mode then your sub MUST be passive otherwise MUST use subwoofer preout for a powered-sub configuration or use old receiver to power passive subs.

Personally...I would use the SurroundBack Rear mode instead in order to utilize the maxiumum benefits offered from the VR-6070 and use the subwoofer preout connection to powered subwoofers or use old receiver to power passive versions.

3. Has anyone experimented with wireless surround speakers?
Thanks for the help..

ANSWER: I do not have first hand experience with wireless surround speakers...I would be cautious on the importance of sound quality and configuration since all channels are full-range formats other than the LFE. Please email me accordingly for technical advice as required or other feedback.

sincerely yours, Michael

Bill Resnick
Thanks Michael..My speakers are from an older Kenwood HTIB system in addition to 2 Sony loudspeakers, no passive or additional powered SW. The alcove area where it all lives is approx. 12x8, but opens into a large living room area. The unit should arrive 12/6.The AV receiver is a 504. I am not exactly sure how to use the old Kenwood as a pre-amp, but am interested in that kind of configuration unless there would be little or nothing gained by that set up.I have downloaded the manual on-line and some parts seem a little confusing.I appreciate all of the helpful posts and will be anxiously awaiting any further info...

Can someone instruct me as to the multiroom feature on the 6070? Does this mean that I can play a source (e.g., DVD) in one room, and another source (e.g., CD) in another room? If not, how does the multiroom feature differ from an ordinary A/B speaker switch found on most receivers? Can I send a TV signal to another room with the 6070?

j.b.
how can i reduce them?

Jeffrey
j.b. you can try adding an audio taper potentiometer from Radio Shack in line in the signal. This is just like volume control on a set of headphones that is in line with the headsets. This will affect signal quality though. The best option is to find a non-inductive audio grade resistor to help reduce the signal, but I can't tell you what value as it matters what your VCR output is as well as the 6070 input.

Or your can use an audio transformer like this model on Radio Shack: (273-1380)
Depending on how you install the audio transformer, it will reduce or increase the output. In your case, you need to find a transfomer that will reduce your VCR output voltage by enough of an amount to go below 320mV given what you input into it.

I hooked up a few of these before from Radio Shack and put them in little black boxes with RCA jacks for the inputs and outputs. I can't remember the ones we used or the voltages of the signals because that was 10 years ago, but the little black boxes always worked for this purpose.

Mark Poteet, the multiroom feature only allows you to activate whatever your current source material is and have it on in another room. If you use the room B outputs, these are controlled by the volume of the 6070 and as such you would need to switch off speakers A if you use these outputs. I plan on testing to see if I can use the tape record outputs instead of the room B audio outputs as a workaround for this problem. When using Room B, I had to crank the volume to 0 to get a respectable signal level. Also, the remote does not have the capability of switching off/on the A or B speakers, something I wish it did because you have to go to the unit to turn these on/off.

It seems to me that I read somewhere that the Room B feature was meant to be used with a set of powered speakers, though I could be mistaken, since I've been reading hundreds of articles over the last few days trying to narrow down my receiver and speaker buying decisions. ;-)

j.b.
how do you install the radio shack 273-1380?

Jeffrey
Mike Gratis, the Room B is a pre-out set and there is also a set of Speaker B outputs, I have not checked wether they are both controlled simultaneously by the volume. I did test the Tape Rec outs and the signal is there that is a constant output, which serves my need of sending this constant signal to another room.

j.b. Check this web-site:
http://www.horizonmusic.com/AudXfmrs/AudXFMR.htm
The transformer schematic in the picture is really simple, two inputs to two outputs. Some places sell these integrated into Direct Boxes which are really popular for inputting hot signals like guitars into low level sources like mixers. You can click thru the link and see an example of a direct box. You could just try and buy these direct boxes, but you need one for each signal and they usually come with 1/4" jacks and you need RCA, so you could buy the 1/4" male jacks that have a RCA female jack on the end of them.

But what I was saying is that it takes some work to wire up the audio transformers with the RCA jacks, but building one little black box with two transformers and four RCA jacks will cost you about $15, some time and some solder. This is the cheapest route. If money is no object, find yourself a direct box from a local guitar shop. Tell them what your trying to do and they will find the right box for you.

Jeffrey
j.b. quick search for audio attenuators and RCA got this link on google:
http://www.hometheatertech.com/Store/Cart/Product.asp?PTID=287&catcode=10

It's what you need pre made for $8.95, the picture didn't come up for me, but the specs read the right info.

Really enjoy reading all the great information on this forum. I just ordered my VR-6070 from www.shoptronics.com for an amazing price.

$397.95 (+23.14 shipping)

Now we'll see how long it takes to actually get the unit! :-)

Guys- I am having a very hard time deciding between this receiver and the Pioneer VSX-D811s (which I can get for $100 cheaper). Can someone give me an honest, objective review of the receivers two and multi-channel music performance? This is where I hear this receiver falls short. Thanks.

Mark

ken daniel
i have 15" speakers in front should i set to large

http://www.gifs.net/animate/wavplay.gif

TO: BILL RESNICK

Thanks for your reply, based on all the info you shared...this is my opinion and recommendation...

Your current equipment list is an older HTIB speaker system and two Sony speakers, also you stated the AV Receiver features Dolby Digital only but you typed in model number 504 as an error...I will assume and conclude that the correct model number is VR-405 based from KENWOOD website data. It appears that the HTB-504 HOME THEATER IN A BOX has Dolby Digital & DTS. Thus I hope I am correct in my assumption.

Just to let you know the VR-6070 is an excellent product and a wise purchasing decision. This new VR-6070 AV Receiver is so good in all respects that in my opinion I would sell or give your older receiver away as a gift or use it in a second room; since there is no real benefit to gain of using the older model in conjuction with the new one, especially since you stated your main listening/viewing area/zone is only 12x8 feet (alcove).

Therefore you have two-options depending on your budget and finances... to keep your current speakers or to sell your current speakers with or without the older AV receiver.

Let me know if you desire to keep your older speakers (HTIB & Sony) or to sell them or give it away as a gift.

If you decide to sell and upgrade your speakers...I would recommend the following speaker system that is currently configured with my brother's VR-6070: JBL SCS Series SCS-150 speaker package. (stands are optional)
Below is a link to JBL website info:

http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.asp?ProdId=SCS150SI&SerId=SCS&sCatId=

The JBL's ("please have a listen to them & demo them") are one of the best bang for the buck speaker systems availlable...even better than Polk Audio for the money after intensive research and extensive listening.

Let me know your opinion and status on what you will be doing in regards to your speakers.
After your decision...I will probably be able to advise you on the best configuration...and setup as required!!!

sincerely yours, Michael

Brian Vickers
FYI - I just received my Kenwood VR-6070 from GOPCPluc.com for $399.

After researching the company to ensure that they were creditable and had a good consumer rating. I emailed the company to ask if they had the item in stock and received a response that same day. Michael Klein responded and said that there were 55 units in stock. Placed my order and it shipped out that day ... received it a few days later.

So far I am VERY happy with this receiver. Thanks to all of you .. I have found tons of useful info on this thread. Hopefully this will help out somebody that is looking to purchase a VR-6070.

I've enjoyed reading this thread very much, though a lot of the other threads seem to be neglected. I guess everyone is HERE! :)

Mark Poteet: I was in the same boat as you, and the Pioneer VSX-D811S was also one of my prime choices; but I finally made what I consider the best decision (...and with a long term investment like this, $100 really isn't that much to quibble about ):

After a lot of thought on my part, as well as some more research and input from some other web sites, I decided to go with the VR-6070 myself! I ordered it from www.vanns.com , a Kenwood Dealer, for $428 delivered. There were a few other places out there showing a slightly cheaper price; but a couple of them didn't show it as being in stock (...expect to ship within 14 days) and a couple I wasn't too sure of their reliability. So far, I've already gotten four emails from Vanns confirming the order and shipment, which I expect to be completed by the end of the day.

Now I've just got to decide on a decent set of surround speakers, of which at the moment I'm seriously looking at BIC (...which I, unfortunately, can't find any reviews about), JBL & Onkyo sets; though I'm open to suggestions on others in the $200-400 range.

Bill Resnick
Michael, it was the 405..Sorry...Thanks for the info so far..I will probably give my current receiver to a friend but will have to retain my speakers.May be able to upgrade in the Spring..You now know my situation and I will await your set up suggestions..Thanks again!!

Hey guys, I just bought a yamaha 2300avr for my M&K750 speakers. How does the yamaha 2300 compare in sound quality to a marantz 8200? I am having second thoughts about buying the yamaha. I know a audio guy who says marantz is the best.

akumar
follow the link
http://www.hypaudio.com/vr6070.html
they are selling for $370

First off, a question of my own. How far behind must a rear surround sound speaker be? I'd have to put it directly behind the primary sitting area, and am wondering if it's worth it?

Mike Gratis:

It appears as though you and i were/are in similar situations. I also ordered my Vr-6070 from Vanns.com (whom i had no problems with whatsoever) and was also looking for a budget set of surround speakers to use. I currently have limited space, but i intend to upgrade after i move over the Summer to either a klipsch or paradigm set of speakers. Until then, i opted for the Onkyo HT-500 set. And for the price, i couldn't be happier. I was actually willing to spend more money(they were on sale at circuit city for $199), but i couldn't justify the extra cost until i was getting to the $600-700 range.

Alex
akumar....hypaudio charges $48.95 for S&H bringing the total to about $420. I'd never by from a no named yahoo seller that can't even give me the manufacturers warranty. I'd rather by from Vanns.com that is an authorized dealer and sells the unit for $428.50 out the door.

Anonymous
and Brian Resnic was reffering to gopcplus and not gopcpluc :)

Hi ken daniel,

Sure... you can set your front speakers to large and see if that sounds better than the nml/thx setting. Good to hear from you. =]

Hello everyone I have been keeping up with this message board for quite some time now. And I am finally at the point where I am ready to buy a receiver. My question to anyone with personal knowledge of the following units is, regardless of price what is a better receiver, the kenwood 6070, kenwood sovereign 5080 or the JVC RX-DP9VBK
I have been a die-hard JVC fan in the past and any help between choosing the kenwoods vs. the JVC would be helpful.any info or knowledge would be greatly appreciated. also the 5080 and the JVC are both considered to be higher end than the 6070 BUT they are only 5 channel from what I can tell what gives? is the 6th powered channel worth it?
thanks again

Admin (Admin)
>> Next Page
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us