My ipod keeps freezing help me out please!!!!

my ipods brokded2121
Unregistered guest
Hi... My ipod was droped on the top left corner (near the hold switch). now sometimes when i try to select a song to play from any section, playlists, songs, artist, etc... the song will show up in now playing, but it wont play. after a few seconds of scilence the main menu shows up. but if i go back to the same song i selected it will play after one or two trys...just to let you know its not the same songs over again, this happens randomly to any song...if anyone can help me, i would be soooo happy :-) thanksss!

Unregistered guest
My ipod will be playing and then it freezes until the battery goes dead! Any ideas?

pinkelectric
Unregistered guest
mine does that too! and it like scrolls thruall the songs and puts them on now playing and then doesnt play, just keeps skipping to the next. im so frusterated
it works a little better when reset

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3383
check the quality of your mp3 file. make sure that they are all compressed in the same manner and same bit rate. The iPod has quirks with differring files.

Drazy
Unregistered guest
Neh ... Mine was acting up in the same way... It just kept going through all the songs when i put it on shuffle without playing any of them... I just sent it back with my warranty...

Unregistered guest
what the hell!every time i connect my ipod, it says, "do not disconnect" then nothing happens. so i unplug it, and it says that for the rest of the time till it runs out of batteries!

Unregistered guest
First one-returned it because it froze.
Second one-froze again....its going back too.

FreakyFreakin
Unregistered guest
Yah my iPod will be playing and it will just freeze and recently i plugged it in and it said "do not disconnect" and so i unplugged it because it wasn't doing anything and now it will just keep on flashing "do not disconnect" til' it freezes

painkiller8191
Unregistered guest
mine does that too, it freezes on the "do not disconnect" wtf how do i stop it?

aj54321
Unregistered guest
hey, just found this out...
works great for resetting/restarting your ipod if/when it's frozen--

1) toggle the hold switch on and off once...
2) hold "Menu" and "Select" for 6-10 seconds...
3) My ipod restarted and everything was still there..
**the website says to hold down the play/pause and select button...but, in a coffee induced state, I held the Menu and Select--It's great.**
It's similar to holding down the power button on the front of your computer.

Unregistered guest
you are right! i did that just now! and it works

Rachel0912
Unregistered guest
hey my ipod doesnt work anymore.. everytime i turn it on it comes up with the apple logo then a picture of a folder with an exclamation mark next to it and then turns off? any ideas? thnx

Unregistered guest
my ipod is frozen and says do not disconnect what do i do

Unregistered guest
my ipod is froze b/c i was running outside and it was cold and i think it froze and the light is on and the ipod wont do anything

Taciturn
Unregistered guest
Thanks aj5, your reset method worked great...

And to think I had just been waiting for it to "unfreeze" every time it happened, which has been 4-5 times now... Sometimes it would even take days :X

Thanks again

Unregistered guest
My Ipod froze when like an idiot i did not follow the "do not disconnect" message. For a while it played music sequentially, gave me access to the volume control but denied me access to the menu or play/pause buttons. Aj's anti-freeze measures haven't helped. Battery has a long way to die. Does replugging it after the battery is dead help? I'm down on my knees, somebody help me pretty pretty please...

reddragon732
Unregistered guest
thank god for that guys the holdin menu and select actually works!!! thanks agen

Hawkeye 347
Unregistered guest
My ipod has done this many times, and it has worked until now. My ipod freezes about 2-3 times a day (I use it a lot while walking to classes around campus...). Now, I plug it into my computer and the recharging battery symbol freezes, and I have NO idea what to do. I heard that the hard disk "sticks" and hitting it on a hard surface worked a few times, but now it won't. Anybody, PLEASE PLEASE help me. My warranty ran out and I am out of options. I have tried everything!!!

SCottypotty
Unregistered guest
My ipod was working until I used windows longhorn and then I plugged it and tooo kit out and it it froze then I used the hold menu and select now it the logo there forever.

Username: 10songsy1

Post Number: 1
Well scott waut till the battery runs out

Anonymous

iPod is not designed for longhorn. That OS is not even official yet. You are full of crap!

SCottypotty
Unregistered guest
Oh my mistake windows 2003 server

Gold Member

Post Number: 6429
Big problem. The iPod is not meant to work with other OS's other thant XP or Mac.

Username: Eddy1234

My does that as well

SCottypotty
Unregistered guest
damdamdamdamdamdam thanks anyway warranty saved me

Post Number: 2
My ipod dose the same but im using xp

SCottypotty
Unregistered guest
or not i hate warranty noooooooooooooo

Gold Member

Post Number: 6431
The latest iTunes can now also work with Windows 2000.

SCottypotty
Unregistered guest
so can anythig help me

Gold Member

Post Number: 6434
Only if you have those OS's I mentioned.

Post Number: 7
it doesn't respond to anything any more

SCottypotty
Unregistered guest
same

Gold Member

Post Number: 6436
go to apple.com's website and do a factory reset.

Post Number: 9
thanks

joii
Unregistered guest
when i connect my ipod video to my computer it says "do not disconnect" then nothing happens. at all. it just freezes and stays like that. LAME!

anybody got a fix?

joii
Unregistered guest
when i connect my ipod video to my computer it says "do not disconnect" then nothing happens. at all. it just freezes and stays like that. LAME!

reseting doesnt work. it just does the same thing all over again.
so i cant restore or update because the computer doesnt see that the ipod is plugged in.

anybody got a fix?

Username: Sara101

Post Number: 3
Hi, I have the 1st genertation ipod with the scroll wheel. My problem is that the Apple Symbol if frozen on my screen. It is from when you restart it and the Apple Symbol pops up and then it goes to the usual menu. But its completly stuck on that symbol. I have restarted and restarted it many many times, and the screen will go blank and then it will go back to the apple. I have fliped on and off the hold button but still wont work. I have plugged it into my comp. but the iTunes doesnt seem to reconize the ipod ..

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!

Username: Adler

HellO

I have a 30 gig ipod, just baught it and plugged it in on itunes. The do not dissconnect thing appearded, and froze there. I decided to unnplug it anyways, and it remained frozen. It's been a day now and i tried restarting it but it wont work. I AM DESPERATE FOR HELP.. PLZ FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Username: Jeancarlos212

New york, New york Usa

everytime i connect my ipod video to the computer. it freezes up, and i am unable to use the ipod or computer for anything except charging. how can i stop this from happening

Username: Ndw

my iPod worked fine until I updated it to ver 1.2. All it does is restart on its own everytime. I reset it and now it doesn't turn on it just shows the apple logo and that's it. It's not frozen, the ipod sounds like its trying, but then it stops. I never see the menu screen anymore. AHHHHH! any ideas? iTunes won't even let me reset it. It is not recognized anymore on the computer.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11001
Do a system restore on your PC to enable you to use the older iTunes version. And do not update automatically. If your version works fine without any glitches, then leave it alone. An update is not a cure for something that does not exist.

Username: Mhz

Sal, KWT Kuwait

Guess what ... i finally found the solution!
The Mac technician said i'll need to replace the board which is more than half the price of my IPOD. So i decided to give it my best.

all this while i was treatin it like an IPOD & was thinkin that the harddisk could have a problem i.e. bad sector something. But then I treated it like a hard disk. So I'm guessing that this should work with all IPODs that come with harddisk.

I'm using windows XP, so I don't know how it's gonna work for Mac users.
But I guess they kinda have similar applications like scan disk/error checking.

So this is what you do... I'm gonna tell ya all I did.

Backup your music.
Remove all IPOD Application (i.e. I Tunes, Ipod updater ... etc)
Restart your computer
Plug you ipod and format it (Goto "My Computer" right click on your IPOD and click on format. Do not select "Quick Format". The normal format took about 20 mins on my 30GB. File system should be Fat32)

Once you've formatted your IPOD unplug it from the computer & turn it off (hold "play" button for a few seconds and it should go off)

Installation
Get the CD that came along with your IPOD use that to install I Tune.
As you insert the Disk, the autorun starts the installation wizard while that's progressing plug in your ipod. And your computer will re-install it.
After the installation is complete your IPOD wil have the the factory settings & the firmware. Even after you format your IPOD it still has the factory firmware.

Note. The old I Tunes (green icon) might not work because you had a newer version on your computer before.

This is where I disconnected my ipod and scrolled around played games, tried in and out of menu's and it was working perfectly. That's when I installed the new iTunes.
But I did not update the firmware because that's what caused my IPOD to start freezing.

Hope this works for ya guys. I know how it feels without music. I'm so addicted to it!

If you have any questions feel free to email me devil_mehroz@hotmail.com

Username: Tyler23423542352345

To the people talkin about the frozen "Do Not Disconnect" Logo, your supposed to click the Arrow pointing up beside the name of your iPod(when connected to iTunes). It wont help you know but incase you buy another one and want it to last.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 1801
Why can't you just buy out an internet server building and use all the loads and loads of terabytes to record your personal songs at 1 gigabyte a second?

Sal, KWT Kuwait

Post Number: 5
If the IPOD is frozen at Do not Disconnect logo... even ejecting it from Itunes will not work...
You will have restart the Ipod.

All user with IPOD freezing problem... format your IPOD completely and install the IPOD software that came along with it...
the new IPOD software v.1.2 has bugs or something ...
it works fine on some IPOD ... some are here looking for solutions

Username: Luigila

My ipod video does the same thing.
Everytime I am at the gym, it plays for like 20 minutes or so, then it gets stuck on a song (never a specific one) and decides not to work anymore.
I called apple and the technician suggested me to plug in the ipod to my PC or MAC and that sometimes that helps to unstuck it. I laughed at him, I was like, oh so this is the high technology of ipod? plug and unplug and it will work. Well, they got me to buy a ipod twice, this is the last time I am wasting money, I am gonna go buy a much cheaper player from another brand, and I bet it will work better.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13696
Yeah, you do that.

Username: Jessisme

OKAY!!! If your ipod is Stuck on DO NOT DISCONNECT:
1.)RESET- hold menu and select
2.) Apple logo should come up
3.) press menu (apple logo should get brighter then press again) Works WONDERS!!!

Sal, KWT Kuwait

Post Number: 6
Restarting the IPOD by holding the "Menu & Select" button will not solve the problem. It will just restart your IPOD and might work fine for a little while. But it will freeze again.

I'm sure most of your IPODs started having this problem after updating the Firmware/IPOD Update.

To get rid of the freeze... please see my previous post.

Sal, KWT Kuwait

Restarting the IPOD by holding the "Menu & Select" button will not solve the problem. It will just restart your IPOD and might work fine for a little while. But it will freeze again.

I'm sure most of your IPODs started having this problem after updating the Firmware/IPOD Update.

To get rid of the freeze... see my previous post.

Username: Editanlaurel

Thanks for the tip on how to restart or reboot the IPOD. By putting it on a level surface and pressing the "Menu" button -away from the "Select" and pressing "Select" at the same time, it reboot. I tried everything prior to this but this is the one that worked for me. (I used a small bottle (Bic - wite out) to press the "Menu" button. Try it!

Bronze Member
Username: Austin19

Enola, Pennsylvania America

Post Number: 95
I accidentally dropped my ipod underwater for about 1 or 2 seconds. When i took it out it wasn't responding correctly, the backlight was flickering on and off, and it keeps saying something about firewire not supporting the connection..what should I do?..

Sal, KWT Kuwait

Post Number: 8
i Think you've got a hardware problem...

Username: Ipodbrokenned64

Ok i dropped my Ipod once before a long time ago.. (4 or 5 months) I got about 1 or 2 months left in the warranty now and my ipod has been going bonkers! First time i noticed something was wrong with it, it was making weird hardrive sounds and the songs would be playing but it wouldnt show any progress in the track on the ipod..... (freezing). Second thing i noticed was my battery would die a lot faster and when I would plug it into the computer or turn it on after not using it for a day, the screen would come up and tell me to plug ipod into computer and use itunes to restore it! Like wtf??? So i have restored it once before. but after i restored it, the firmware or somethin had to of been wrong because the os was all black and white.... and the graphics of the icons were simpler. I had to keep restoring it until it fixed this problem. But still I had the problem of having it say please restore everytime i turned my ipod on. I'm very upset and disappointed with apple. I'm not sure if they will help me out with my warranty on the verge of expiration. I think the ipod is having a hardrive failure.... Could someone please get back to me on this one! THANK YOU!!! Forgot to say also, my ipod is in like perfect condition, i've been using those clear plastic sticky covers on the front and back since day 1.

Username: Ratedr_superstar

Hi. My dad bought me an iPod classic 80Gb about 2 months ago and it was working fine until I put some files in the notes section of the iPod. Now whenever I plug it in to the PC it freezes on the screen which says connected please eject before disconnecting. Any ideas on how to sort this out would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Sal, KWT Kuwait

Best solution to solve all problems if formatting your IPOD...
i know you will loose all your data but it fixes every problem.

How do you do that?

Sal, KWT Kuwait

Post Number: 10
Harry... read previous posts.

ye but it doesnt even register that my iPod is plugged! and nyway i dnt care ny more i phoned up Apple and coz im still within warranty i can send it off nd they r sending me a new free

Username: Dasuzu

wellp. for those who dont know where warranty is.. heres a resolution.

It may take a few tries but it always works.

-you have to toggle the hold a few times and get the ipod to "die out" by doing so just unplug and plug it up a few times... until an apple comes up... it wont take you to the secret menu but back to the original screen and the battery will still bee in the same spot as you started. you made the ipod think its dead. mines freezes often and i found this technique to help every time. but you should reset the ipod completely to stop it from doing so.

well mine is still broke... when i plug it into the computer it tells me low battery and it wont let me do anything, if i plug it into the car it says apple.com/support (with a lil ipod symbol and a sad x_x face in it)

and if i turn it on without having it plugged in it tells me to go to apple.com/support (with a lil ipod symbol and a sad x_x face in it)

I say screw apple, no sense in arguing, i got a zune and havent had any troubles... but if u do have any advice please tell me.. (warranty gone, didnt even allow phone support)

Bronze Member

Sal, KWT Kuwait

Post Number: 11
I think everyone should read the previous posts first .... cuz most of the questions are already answered.

The best solution to every IPOD Software problem
is formatting it through windows THOROUGHLY .... and unplug the ipod and switch it on. and it will install the factory firmware by it self...

most of the problems are due to firmware upgrades.

Bronze Member

Sal, KWT Kuwait

Post Number: 12
and if it doesnt install the firmware by itself .. then install it with the CD that came along with your IPOD.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14081
Brokenned iPod,
It is unfortunate that you have the dead iPod icon showing up. If that is the case you really have no other recourse but to either get it repaired professionally or trash it.

Have you tried replacing the battery?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 12048
Nice ta see ya Berny.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14083
Hey Paul....what's up man?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12050
Where you at? Stateside I hope?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14086
Yup...it's nice to be home in time before the year was up.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12053

E hasn't been the same man.

Username: Hey_mony

Mega-Hertz, what kind of Ipod are u talking about, mine didn't come with any cb Ipod Classic 80gigs..and when I try to format it, it doesn't work. My problem is this..
my ipod froze when I was listening to a song and so I rebooted it the by pressing the menu and select together, only after the apple showed up, it says "Use iTunes ti Restore" and shows the image of the usb cable, but when I plug it in to my itunes, all it does is show this wacked out dim-lighted version of it charging it small font saying do not disconnect and every now and again it would say "ok to disconnect" basically it's just charging non-stopw tihout solving the problem, when i try to restore, update, format, anything like that it says error 1415, or that it doesn't recognize my device. When i researched how to solve the error 1415 thing, that solution with the .dll files still didn't work..it just seems all so hopeless! :-(

sorry, at beginning I meant it doesn't come with any *cd..my Ipod Classic 80 gigs :P ...

Bronze Member

Sal, KWT Kuwait

Post Number: 13
Simone ...

so far i've found out that most of the IPOD's have errors and problems due to updates.
New updates have bugs and errors and they dont work with some devices.
like mine ... i dont know if its our personal setting that conflicts with these updates or what.

The best way to solve these problems is to restore your IPOD to factory settings.
but u see, if you're doing it from your computer with the updated softwares ... it's not going to make a difference ... its going to restore it again to the updated software/firmware that caused the problem. so uninstall all updates.

i have a 30 GB video ... and i got a CD with it...
it include iTunes and IPOD software 1.1
and it fixes everything.

and why didnt you get a CD with your IPOD? thats strange.
try to find the CD from somewhere or the software... and treat your IPOD just like a Harddisk.

how you get your computer formatted... clean up your harddisk... and install a fresh new windows(operating system). and it works perfect.... this is the same thing.

let me know if you have anymore questions!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14389
Simone,

The last time I bought an iPod that includes a CD was the generation after the click wheel. Any iPod bought in the US after that no longer came with a disc. I have already purchased 16 iPod Nanos and 10 iPod classics and videos ever since and none of them ever came with any CD. If you want to download any manuals or support you have to go to the apple website.

Have you dropped your iPod at all?

Ok, Megahertz, how woul I uninstall all updates, is it as simple as uninstalling iTunes? Cuz I did that already and re-installed it and it didn't work because it said that iTunes was updated to the latest version already as tho it remembered from before I re-installed it, so I had to put it back to the latest version, Benny, I think you're right, my brother got me this one for Christmas and I have dropped it once before, but it worked fine afterward, I guess the damage just kicked in days later.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14394
To uninstall all updates, you have to delete all iTunes versions from your computer.

You will also need an old version of iTunes. You can still find some older version somewhere on the net, just need to look.

Once you find an old version, keep it in you hard drive or back up somewhere. Install it and do not update.

Now get to your iPod, do you know how to safe boot your iPod?

Post Number: 4
safe boot? not really, I just got it and all this is still kind of new to me, but in terms of delteing iTunes, I did that b4 an installed an older one, but when I connected my ipod to it, it either said that my iPod couldn't work with that version, OR, when I tried to open iTunes it would say that it couldn't load library cuz a newer version was still saved on there somehow. It's either one of these or both of these..I can't remember, but either way I don't really know how to completely uninstall it if it's saved to my library with the newer version! Sorry if I seem so basic about all this..it's just all so confusing!

Bronze Member

Sal, KWT Kuwait

Post Number: 14
Simone,

There are mainly 2 things you need to uninstall
iTunes and IPOD software.
IPOD software is the important one.
Do this... after uninstalling iTunes goto
C:\Program Files\ and delete iTunes folder manually if it's not deleted, cuz i think thats where it will have the updated files.

here's a link where you can find older versions of iTunes.
http://www.oldapps.com/itunes.htm

by the way ... you have a 80GB classic right?
which is also known as the video 80GB Ipod... correct?
let me know

Post Number: 5
that's correct, thanks for that link, hopefully it'll work..but I gotta tell ya, I downloaded the 7.4.3 one earlier today and deleted everything from quicktime to apple software and mobile device along with my 7.7 updated itunes earlier today and even my library files and still the restoration wouln't work..I'm going to try the 7.4 one, but I'm starting to think the problem lies in the hardware..my ipod does things I can't find anyone elses doing online as of yet. When I turn it on it shows the apple and then the usb pic where below it read "restore using iTunes" and the 3 other languages saying the same thing below that, if I don't plug it in it'd turn of..but when I do plug it in (any computer with or without iTunes) all it does is charge and says do not disconnect ONLY the the light is dim and my iPod hs no colour, the words are all in black and small font and there is the do not disconnect symbol flashing only it is in black and the connecting two arrowed circle doesn't show (or if it does it is in a small corner to the upper left) everything is written tiny and in no colour like some old film and it goes back and forth between do no disconnect and ok to to disconnect regardless of whether or not it is plugged in...ay ca rumba. (I can't tell the last time I saw the main menu screen!)

Post Number: 6
also..(I guess this is also important to mention..)I just realized that when i plug in my iPod..in My Computer it shows it as :F removable drive only...it is not readable! I think I have a big problem..there I believe that is the full diagnosis!*~

Bronze Member

Sal, KWT Kuwait

Post Number: 15
in iTunes when you click on the IPOD on the left...
and in the IPOD menu on the right side... you have to check on enable disk usage. once you tick that ... then in My computer it will show as a hard disk ... and just format it from there.

but it's not showing up at all!

Post Number: 8
k..it's showin gup again..what do you mean when you say..."IPOD menu on the right side.."? where is that..something tells me yours is diff. to mine.

Bronze Member

Sal, KWT Kuwait

Post Number: 16
I mean the menu on the left side in iTunes where you see all the playlists. See the attachment
And i've made an arrow on where you need to check the "Enable Disk Usage"

.Upload

oh my..thanks for the visual..it just showed how much my iPod is really damaged! First off..when I plug in my iPod..that screen doesn't always come up, or if it does it takes forever, but the only thing it shows is the the pic with the ipod and it's basic info to the left of it like above, the version section (only the update button is faded and can't be clicked). the pic of the iPod shows up with the basic info text to the left of it as shown above, and so does the version section, but the Options section is not there, and neither is the sync section below..also the tabs music, movies, tv shows, podcasts, photos, contacts, and games - in the tabs above are not there, the only one there is summary! Seems like I have a real problem, my options are limited. Another thing is, I notice that in the Ipod section, next to name it says "Your name"'s iPod...mine use to say Simone's iPod..now it just says..."ipod", it doesn't even recognize me!

Post Number: 10
in the meantime this is what my screen looks like on itunes. (note, I blocked out serial #, but it does appear).
Upload

Bronze Member

Sal, KWT Kuwait

Post Number: 17
Your IPOD seems to be corrupted... or has hardware problem....

but try this before you give up!

I'm sure you've tried restoring it from iTunes... did you?

Are you using windows or Mac OS ?
if you're using windows...
Close iTunes and other IPOD applications. GoTo MY COMPUTER > RIGHT CLICK ON IPOD > Click on FORMAT > and FORMAT YOUR IPOD (make sure you dont check on QUICK FORMAT) once iPOD is formated. Unplug it right away and restart your IPOD (by holding Menu + Select buttons for 5 secs) and when your IPOD restarts .. it should install the Firmware by itself... if it doesnt ... then you need to install IPOD software (Not iTunes).

Let us know if this works!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
my iPod IS corrupted, it keeps telling me that as a matter of fact..and it can't be formatted, it keeps telling me that too. :-(

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
I think I need to buy another one! Gah. :-(

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14593
That is too bad. How old is your iPOd? Do you have an apple store near you?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
I got it on Christmas and only got to use it for like a week or two. :-(

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
oh, as for the store, I'm not sure where my brother got it, i have to ask him

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14594
Check Apple's website. Your iPod should still be under warranty and if you have an Apple store nearby, you can bring it to them and they should fix it for free.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
ya my warranty's for 1 year, I think I'll do that...hopefully they can tell me what went wrong too so that it doesn't happen again.

Bronze Member

Sal, KWT Kuwait

Post Number: 18
I dont think you should give up so easily ...
you've got warranty... goto Apple and get it repaired... if they cant fix it ... you have this forum ... we can keep trying ;) right Berny?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14601
No worries :-)

Username: Skate6842

Sugarland, TX United States

when i plug in my ipod video it says connected then after 2 seconds it says "synchronizing" and then it ejects automatically.. Any ideas? please help me out with that because i have a lot of songs to put in right now but i can't

Bronze Member

Sal, KWT Kuwait

Post Number: 19
Does it do the same thing every time?

Username: Heyy_yall_

does anyone know how to keep my ipod from freezing? i am always listening to it, and then it jus pauses, and i always have to keep hitting play/pause to turn the music back on...please help me

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14671
How old is the iPod? Does it freeze only on certain songs or is it random?

Bronze Member

Sal, KWT Kuwait

Post Number: 20
Linda,

are you using different earphones?

it can pause if earphones jack or the earphones output socket is loose.

if you notice as you unplug the earphones, the IPOD pauses by itself. i think thats what's happening with yours cuz of the loose socket.

try to keep your IPOD on a stable surface and try not to move the earphone wire ... and see if it does the same thing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
thanks Mega-Hertz and Berney for all your help, it was jst as I thought it was totally gone, but it was within waratee and replaced for free! ^_-

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15028
Woohooo! Way to go Simone! I am glad that Apple did the right thing.

Username: Turtlett

Hello. just bought an ipod nano G3 and when my son was syncing he accidentaly pulled the cord out form the usb connector - now the ipod has frozen. What is the steps to rectify this ?

Regards
Turtlett

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15262
You can do a reset of the iPod.

Go to apple.com's website on how this is done.

Username: Mungo

aj54321 mate you are a dead set legend }

Bronze Member

Sal, KWT Kuwait

Post Number: 21
I dropped my IPOD 30GB (video) today ... and it fell on the left corner from the height of 1 meter. and since then it's been making a ticking sound. it sounds like the hardware inside is damaged or something ... when i turn it on .. it shows a logo of an ipod with =( in the screen and an exclaimation...

i think this is the end of it =(

does anyone know if this can be fixed???

I had a similar problem, if you scroll up and find my post you will understand..

If its doing the same thing as that and displaying this image.. Upload
then i can image you have a harddrive failure... I opened my ipod up recenetly after i gave up on Apple's awsome 1 year warranty.. ya right so great lol... pftt... anywho, i found out my battery wasnt dead, the hardrive makes clicking sounds pending on if the wires are pushed in properly... mine are in properly but it keeps ticking repeating the same sounds and displaying that picture.. im guessing its not catching the disk right.. i dunnno, good luck man.. all i can say is screw apple .. microsoft all the way... i've had an 80gig zune for about 6 months and i havent had 1 single problem. My ipod started actin up within 5 - 6months. haha so ya.. shows right there APPLE SUCKS and overly priced

Username: Hillywren

can any body help me? I plugged my ipod nano in and it said connected eject before disconnecting. and it didn't appear in itunes. when it did it said it was corrupted and that I needed to restore it so I did. then I installed the updates, restarted my computer and accidently removed the ipod cord, now it's stuck saying Conected eject before disconnecting and it won't show up in itunes... can anybody help me?

Username: Lizzybee16

it does seem like i've had more problems with my ipod nano since i got that new version update (v1.1.2). I'm thinking that there is something wrong with this version. Is there anyway to downgrade? Or does anyone know when a new update is coming?

Username: Chainsaw0788

I hate to sound like most of the people up here with their frozen iPod problem, but this site has the best responses.

My iPod seems to work fine, until I plug it in to my computer. Then, it freezes and reset and repeats that process. If it doesn't reset it just freezes or cuts off and stays off without any recognition.

One of the first things I tried was reset my iPod to it's factory settings, but it dies before I can do anything.

Since I am at the state where I am actually posting about my problem, I am really desperate and cannot find a fix.

Apple's site just tries to say that it is your computer, not their iPod. Any other site likes to point at the hard drive, but I am not certain that it is the hard drive.

I bought it off of a friend several months ago, so I have no warranty. Besides, anytime I get a warranty on anything, it seems like the product waits until the warranty is up, and then brakes. He kept it in great condition (protectors and the works) and so did I. The only fall that my iPod has endured was one that was a three foot drop on to the carpet.

The iPod has even gave me a white and blue stripped screen once, and I have no clue what that means. I have only gotten one error and that was the 1415 one.

I have read nearly every post on this page and nothing works. I have read over and over all of Mega-hertz's post because they seem to be really good ones, but I still have no luck.

I'm afraid that I am just boned, but I am hoping that if I am, that I can pinpoint, why I am, and see if it worth it to fix it.

College + Me = No Money
Hence why I bought it off of a friend who has had no problem with it.

Thanks for all the help and advice that you all have already given, and thanks for any future advice.

Username: Donna320

i have a 2 gb ipod that i bought off of a friend. It was working fine and i have bdropped it before, but this time i dropped it twice and then went to the bank and i left it in my car in 92 degree heat. Now it turns on but none of my buttons will work except to lock and unlock it. It also registers when i hold in the menu and circle to restart it, but then it just goes back to my option list and the scroll buttons wont work. Any sugggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thank god for menu & select.

Press menu and play pause at the same time for about 6 seconds (approx) and your ipod's screen should turn off. then automatically turn on displaying the apple logo. it should then also go to the menu selection straight afterwards... It sure helped me.

Post Number: 4
Hi I have a 8 gig nano (3rd generation) I got in in june and it's worked fine up until now... But I noticed last time the battery signal thing that tells you how much battery life your ipod has, stayed on half until the battery died...

And today I upgraded itunes, downloaded some music, then restarted my computer. Then I opened up itunes, plugged in my ipod, the it would display the apple logo, say connected eject befour disconnecting, got to menu, then back to the apple logo. Then my computer said a device had malfunctioned and so I unplugged the ipod, then it said connected, eject befour disconnecting, but itunes said that it couldn't sync my ipod because some files were missing! then it said a new upgrade was ready for my ipod and now it's upgrading, but I don't know what to do! Help me please I'm begging

Username: Angelonthemoon

i have a 30 GB ipod video, and it freezes randomly when i change a song in a playlist.. holding the 'menu' 'select' buttons and the 'play/pause' 'menu' buttons together doesnt help at all, or switching the lock on/off. so i have to wait for the battery to die before i can do anything about it.. this happened before, and it took about 5 minutes or so, then it came back on.. but today it happened again, and it was frozen till the battery died..
this tends to happen at least once a week..
any ideas?
thanks ;]

Bronze Member

Sal, KWT Kuwait

Post Number: 22
Cally

read my previous post on this thread.

i had the same problem with my 30 GB.

Username: Angelonthemoon

yeah, i think it might be something with the hardware or something..
but i guess i'll take it to an apple store and see if they can fix it

Username: Lotusflwr

I took my ipod in the bathroom while I took a shower but then after that, I noticed that my ipod did not work correctly. It kept freezing up then going back to the song then freezing up completely. I tried holding the center botton with the menu but it didn't work.
And then I noticed that when I charged it and took of the plug, it said that it was full of battery and when i tried to turn it off, the battery sign would come again. Wouldn't turn off until it was out of battery. I would put it away for weeks and then go back to it, it would work well for a few hours but then freezes up again.
I don't have a warranty for it, the time passed. Please help!

Username: Rachel582

I got a new iPod yesterday from my friend i tried getting her pics off and it wouldn't let me so i decided to restart the whole thing ( you know how it looks when u first get it it says u need to plug it into iTunes) I tried that it said i needed to register it i ignored that for a while my iPod keeps turning on and off even when its connected to my computer and i don't know how to get back to the page where i register my iPod because now the page wont pop up any more! WHAT DO I DO PLZZZZZZZZZ HELP!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us