2 forgotten brands

Username: Eieiei0101x

Post Number: 10
Why is it that Jamo and Kef do not come out on the bookshelf discussions?

Anonymous

Because they suck.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
That bmakes sence but hard to beleive specially on Kef expensive line.

Anonymous

Just because they charge lots of money doesn't mean they are a worthwhile investment eduardo.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Thanks for the advice, I will take your word, even if u arew anonymous, LOL

Whats is your opinion on the Nautilus 805?

Regards

Anonymous

It is a fine speaker in a sea of fine loudspeakers.

The one I would recommend you look at is the GMA Europa. While most people here ridicule it after certain issues with one of their "supporters", it is a top of the line loudspeaker for much less cost than one would expect. It utilizes a cast marble cabinet, giving it a resonance free enclosure. It uses high grade silver internal wiring and high quality parts on the crossover. The most important feature however is its time alignment, a feature shared only by a very few loudspeakers such as Thiel and Meadowlark. And the price: $1000 per pair. Not too bad in the world of high end audio. You can check it out at www.greenmountainaudio.com

Anoy-Nymous
Unregistered guest
sounds like they deserve to be considered but....what a lousy website ! Man, just plain horrible !

Anonymous

Yeah I know...they're working on it. They've had a few setbacks as a company.

Silver Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 322
Anon have you heard these speakers?or are you just going on technical aspects?

Anonymous

Indeed I have. If I could afford them, they would be mine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 324
They are pretty ugly, but most of the time when they are ugly they usually sound good.How much are they ?I coudnt read anything on their site.

Anonymous

995 a pair.

Silver Member

Post Number: 328
Not bad to be Phase coherent,nice croossover,capacitors,Quality built speaker.They have been around for years I read agood review on them about 7 years ago,not that model but from Green Mountain.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 588
anon=maui

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY Pakistan

Post Number: 212
I was thinking the same thing.

By the way, this always seemed odd to me - Green Mountain Audio is out of Colorado. Vermont is the Green Mountain State, not Colorado. Shouldn't they be Grand Canyon Audio? Maybe Mile High Audio?

Silver Member

NYC, NY Pakistan

Post Number: 213
"Why is it that Jamo and Kef do not come out on the bookshelf discussions?" - eduardo

I've heard a few KEF's, and they do sound good. I've heard just about the entire line of Jamo, and they are also very good. I've also wondered why no one really talks about them too much. They make speakers at every price level and are competitive with everything else here. They're aren't too many professional reviews about them either.

Silver Member

Post Number: 336
Stu it is another speaker company out there named Canyon Audio.Jamo they are ok but their lower lines are horrible,Kef is one the best and oldest speaker companies around.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
My thought on Kef is that they can be comparable with all the others disccussed here, Maybe their PR, Marketing and sales efforts arent good enougth to put them on the radar screen.

Silver Member

NYC, NY Pakistan

Post Number: 220
I think the same with Jamo. Their lower lines might not be as good as their upper lines, but who's are? Dollar for dollar, I think they can compete across the board. They make some very inexpensive speakers that others don't even try to compete with at that particular price range. I've seen some lower end towers priced similar to Sony stuff, and there's no comparison.

I guess it's all in the marketing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 339
Their refference 207s just got best buy in speakers in the Absolute Sound.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1130
Jamo and Kef both make a variety of speakers running the gamut between poor and excellent. Do a google search for a specific speaker and and "reviews". Then go out and listen to them if you can. Don't let other folks tell you what's good or bad. It's all in the ears of the beholder.

Silver Member

NYC, NY Pakistan

Post Number: 223
My sentiments exactly
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us