Need prices on 1960-61 mint pilot and fisher pcs.

I help the elderly dispose of their worldly goods and I have some mint condition pcs. from 1960-61 and I need some price guide to go by, or if there is such a thing as a blue book for hi-fi equipment. I have a Fisher Stereo turntable and Radio set in a mint Cherry cabinet, Serial #311449J, also a Pilot Fidelity FM-530, Serial #176626 (a 3-part unit).Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
There is a blue book for audio, it is called The Orion Guide. I have seen it on the internet but I'm sorry to say I can't recall where. I believe it was on the AudioMart site but can't be certain. I do know they were asking for money to give you a price quote. You might try a Google search for that title and see what you get. Another option would be to try a public library, particularly in a bigger city, to see if they might have a copy. Even a copy that is several years old won't make any difference in this equipment's pricing. Unfortunately, neither Fisher nor Pilot is held in much regard for the type of components you are asking about. The Fisher might get some response. I would try to find an antique radio club in your area. You can start by asking at an elctronic parts supply house. Since I don't know where you are located, you may have to search in a larger city. If you can find a store that sells to the HAM radio crowd they probably have some contacts you can try. If that doesn't work out try contacting the folks at www.tubesandmore.com; e-mail at info@tubesandmore.com or their store is Antique Electronic Supply in Tempe, Arizona. Phone is 480-820-5411 and fax is 480-820-4643. They are not going to be interested in buying the equipment but they might be able to direct you to a source. Hope this helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us