NAD 763 vs Denon 3803/3805

Unregistered guest
I am looking for anyone who has info on the video quality of these units. I am getting a system together with a Panasonic 42" HDTV as the main monitor with an ARKAM DVD player. I was leaning towards the NAD 763, but I have heard a few negative things about the Component Video outputs which is what I would want to use. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks

Matt

Marc
Unregistered guest
why not go directly into the TV via the DVD player? Why bother going through the receiver?

Unregistered guest
Its more of a convenience of set up thing. I want to be able to switch from multiple sources (HDTV, DVD, VCR) through one unit.

Marc
Unregistered guest
while i see the convience factor, wouldn't the TV have enough inputs, ie, two component (HDTV and DVD), and one composite (VCR). You could switch the sources via the TV.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckeyeshine

Post Number: 48
Matt,
I have a T773 but I can't answer your question because I went directly from my DVD to my TV with my component video. Unless you have move CV inputs needed than what you TV can handle, I personally would reccomend as Marc suggests and eliminate the receiver link in your video signal.
You should have better video quality in the end too.

As far a simplfying your input selections, you could also consider programming macros through your NAD remote (I think the T763 is the same remote as my 773).

Now if you absolutely think you need to go through your receiver so you don't have to mess w/the TV input, IMHO I wouldn't let some negative posts on this forum steer you elsewhere solely based on this.

Another thought, I have heard some good things about Arkam's receivers. Have you given them a listen since you apparently have a Arkam dealer?

Good luck.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckeyeshine

Post Number: 49
...another point based on the subject of your post though you didn't mention it, if you can, do a personal side by side comparison of the Denon and NAD. I did so with my NAD and Yamaha and my test drive sold me on NAD but let YOUR ears drive your decision. Good luck.

Bronze Member
Username: Cargoil

San Diego, Ca US

Post Number: 15
Take a look the post titled my T733 has turned on me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us