NAD C320BEE or NAD C370

Username: Quadstar

Post Number: 7
Hi, I am wondering if it's worth it to choose the C370 over the 320BEE. Will I get huge improvement in sound quality in C370 or very subtle details that only audiophiles would appreciate? I do not listen to very loud music and I am not sure if I can make use of the extra power of the C370 - the speaker I am using right now is the Dyna 42. I am looking for quality differences, not volume and I'm willing to stress my budget to buy the latter one only if it's worth it. My NAD dealer does not have the C370 on display. I cant hear both in a side by side comparison. Please advise

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 141
I am surprised you can still get a 370 at a dealer unless it is used!

Go for that or the 372 instead. I sold my 320BEE to buy my 372 that has now gone to another lucky owner in favour of 2 272's. The 320 is a great amp but you can't beat power and refinement at the price of a 372 unless you pay a lot more no matter what any salesman says. Always be careful not to get involved in the "more expensive is better" plot! Trust your ears above all.

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 706
I agree with Danman. The 320BEE is a great amp but isn't quite as refined as the (370) 372. The 372 has the headroom to handle most anything you throw at it with aplomb.

Username: Nsanghani

Post Number: 6
How about NAD C352 instead of the C372 and C320BEE? If I am considerign on of the following speakers do I really need to spend for the power provided by NAD C372?

Speakers:
1. Monitor Audio S6 or S8
2. Paradigm Studio 20 or 40
3. Energy C7, C9 or veritas series (if affordable)

One more question: Do you recommend any other speakers in this range?

Thanks in advance

Silver Member

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 143
Never tried it but I think it is the same as the 372 with less power

Post Number: 8
how about dynaudio?

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 246
The C370 thrashes the C320BEE. If you can get hold of one new still, take it. Ignore all this nonsense about power equating to volume, both amps will go loud as hell but the C370 will have more grunt at low volumes - that's power for you! If you want better bass and an all 'round better sound, get the bigger amp.

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 774
Well SunKing you weren't exactly subtle but I agree with you. People often equate power with just increased volume and it smore complex than that. When I bought my Hafler 9505 (250 watts per) I new that it would be louder than my old Rotel RB981 (130 watts per) but what surprised me was how much better it sounded at lower volumes. Dynaudio makes wonderful sounding speakers BTW.

Silver Member

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 247
Hi Art,

Yes, it was a late night posting (GMT) and upon reading again it does seem lacking in the subtlety department!

Post Number: 9
Hi, thanks for the advice... I bought a used NAD C370 and it's a great deal, which is only a bit pricier than a new C320BEE. As I have accustomed to my friend's 320BEE, I found out the NAD C370 offers noticeably much better overall sound. However, I found out the 320BEE has plenty of bass, even though not as controlled and tight compared to its bigger brother, listening to it in low volume left the impression that the 370 has shy bass. I do not know how to describe it well but it just has less bass and not as warm - I would say it sounds thin? (this may not be the correct word to use by the way). Or I need some time to adjust myself to the quality sound? At moderate volume, everything is excellent with the exception of the slightly shy bass but this is acceptable.

Anyone?

Silver Member

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 150
I owned a 320BEE and had the 372 until recently and I am amazed to hear that the bass is thin! I noticed a big improvement with the 372 right away campared to both. I never owned a 370 however but I really have a difficult time understanding your theory.

Silver Member

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 248
The C320BEE has overpronounced upper mid bass which contributes to the feeling of "more" bass. The C320BEE is a budget amp and is thus intended to be paired with budget speakers etc. Most small speakers don't give much bass so the BEE compensates a little for this but not too much, it's still a thin sounding amp in my opinion. The C370 has much tighter, deeper bass and a midrange to die for. You mention that your friend's C320BEE seems to have better bass than your C370. Have you tried both amps with the same set of speakers? I'd be amazed if you still decide that the C320BEE sounds fuller than the C370!

Bronze Member
Username: Skareb

Post Number: 16
Edward I'm with you I tried both amp 320bee n 352 side by side and i do find the 320 offer more bass at low volumn, more musical whereelse the 352 sounded too transperant, I'm not sure how both compare with the volumn upped.

But my maximum listening volumn are normally at around 8.30 sometimes but very rare I'll put it to 9ocolock. So I audition amp and speakers at these volumn so I ended up taking the 320BEE. Tho now I'm thinking how would the 352 sounded if I've bought it.

Starbucks
Unregistered guest
Hi Friends,
U all may surprised that i still managed to find brand new NAD C370. Yup, new and still sealed tight in the box.

Yup, I agreed that we need a high power amp to drive the speakers, lead the speakers to perform better. Will not have the feeling of underpower, just like driving a car. hehe :-)

Silver Member

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 267
Great amp mate, you'd be very hard pressed to find a better one for anywhere near the same money.

Bronze Member
Username: Eieiei0101x

Post Number: 13
For NAD fans and experts. I just bought a new L40 integrated reciver with CD player, 30 watts per channel. It is for my office to be listened at low volume with jazz or new age.

How does it compare vs the C320BEE?

What speaker would u use, B&W 601S3, Kef Q15 or Totem Dreamchatcher??

Notice Totems are 4 Ohms

Thanks

Eduardo

Unregistered guest
Hello Starbucks, where did you find your C370 system?, i want one of these too, please let me know if you get it from the internet. Regards.
Nicolas

Unregistered guest
Where i can find a C372 for a good price?

robotfish
Unregistered guest
Whats wrong with ebay? I just got a used C370 in excellent condition for £200 and a pair of still-in-box Wharfedale Pacific Evo 40 speakers for £250. Seriously good value.

robotfish
Unregistered guest
Whats wrong with ebay? I just got a used C370 in excellent condition for £200 and a pair of still-in-box Wharfedale Pacific Evo 40 speakers for £250. Seriously good value.

2n3055
Unregistered guest
I have had my nad c370 for 3 years paired with B & W 602's and I am delighted with the abundant effortless bass, especialy at low volumes. I found that speaker positioning was quite critical though, lots of trial and error.

Silver Member

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 609
I have to agree. NAD's 2 channel equipment is quite hard to beat!

nout
Unregistered guest
I have to agree. NAD's 2 channel equipment is quite hard to beat!

Well according to Jan Vigne it takes only $25!
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/193312.html

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

New York City, New York

Post Number: 887
Has anyone used the 320BEE as a pre-amp? I'm considering an upgrade and one possibility was using my 320BEE as a pre-amp for a 272 power amp. Any insight would be appreciated.

Silver Member

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 615
Stu, before buying the C162 and a second C272, I used my C372 as a pre-amp and it worked very well. The C162 improves the sound a little but not as dramatic as some would lead you to believe. It is more of a matter of convinience and having a phono imput than anything else.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 892
Thanks Danman. I think that all of the NAD integrateds use the same pre-amp section. I've got a PP2 for my Pro-Ject 1Xpression.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2707
Don't knock that T-amp Nout. If Jan say it sounds good I'll bet money to marbles it does. Is this the old Nout. How's it goin?

nout
Unregistered guest
Hi Art,
yes the old Nout is doing just fine and I wasn't making fun of Jan's experience with the T-amp, if Jan thinks highly of the T-amp than it must be something very special indeed.

I was just excited, because I started a thread about the T-amp a year ago ("Anyone heard of this little wonder?"), asking if the T-amp would be really that good and apparently it is and it is nice to hear good things about something out of the ordinary, something different than the obvious NAD.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us