NAD T763 fan

Ramx12
Unregistered guest
I just bought a NAD T763 and I am wondering if the cooling fan never stops. It makes quite some noise!!
It never stops even if there is no input going into the amp.

Can someone help me ont his?

Tks

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 431
Welcome ro NAD AVR's. I'm afraid you'll have to get used to it or exchange the receiver for another.

Bronze Member
Username: Dary

Sao Paulo Brazil

Post Number: 66
The fan never stops and shouldn't make any audible noise. Ask for a replacement!

BTW, what is your 763 S/N and/or manufacture date?

Good luck

Bronze Member
Username: Diablo

Fylde Coast, England

Post Number: 99
The fan noise should be minimal - only faintly noticable when within a foot of the machine in a quiet room.
You need either a replacement or repair.

Username: Rock_bob

Post Number: 3
Hi Ramx12,

Due to the high current capabilty of your NAD T763, a few of the cooling fans will always run to maintain air movement.

Ensure that you have left at least 3-4 inches of clearance on the top of your unit and ensure that it is not on a soft surface that can impede air flow from the bottom where the 4 cooling fans are located.

As you incrase the volume the fans will increase speed to keep the unit cool.

If you are hearing alot of fan noise, your unit may have ingested some dust and is causing increased fan noise. Possibly a light vacuming of the bottom of the unit will correct this problem. Be sure to turn off the rear panel power before attmpting this.

In idle at low volumes you should barely be able to hear the fans.

If this does not rectify itself, contact your NAD dealer or NAD tech support (800-263-4641) for the name of a local service center to correct this problem.

Enjoy,

Rock Bob

Bronze Member
Username: Dary

Sao Paulo Brazil

Post Number: 67
Rock Bob,

Are you from NAD support?

Dary

DaryIlha
Unregistered guest
Sorry, dumb question. I didn't read the other NAD threads before.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us