Technics RS-TR575 Dual Cassette Deck - Any opinions?

I am trying to decide between the Technics RS-TR575 dual cassette deck and the following two:
Yamaha KX W421 and the Pioneer Elite CT-05D. Does anyone have any experience/opinions on these products or any other product suggestions of dual cassette decks in this class. Thanks

Hello!

I' m owner of a RS-TR 575 M2 since one week, so here is my "test-report"

The sound quality is OK, though not as good as a single tape deck for the same price (of course)
The mecha blocks are the best you can get at this price, the tape drive works quick and silent, with 2 motors x2 and motor-eject.
The tape alignment computer is working absolutely precise, with alignment of bias, level and equalization!
I have to criticize the Dolby-circuits, they are really bad, especially for recording.
And, of course, a tape deck like this, which is built at first for comfort, doesn't like "difficult" music for tape decks, (piano music etc.)
The wow + flutter is of course not as good as of 3-motor-driven high-end-tapedecks...

Over all, I'm satisfied with my RS-TR 575!

regards,

Martin Schaefer

Anonymous

Hi, I'm writing because I want to know more about this deck too, before I bid any auctions.

Does the RS-TR575 tape deck have a search feature (by detecting silence?)
I know this tape deck appeared in 1994, somehow replacing the RS-TR777 and RS-TR979. I am really unsure if older models had nicer features than these late models.
I have an old Technics tape deck with search, and many more buttons on the front panel than the RS-TR575.

Would you recommend this deck for a mid-end home theater for long-term use, instead of an older model?
I recommend getting one soon, because new tape decks are very scarce!
Thanks for any input.

Anonymous

I just won the bidding for a RS-TR575 on ebay and at the price I got it for, if the condition is as described I feel that I have picked up a great deal. I believe that in recent years this is TECHNICS highest level tape deck that was available in the US and now discontinued. I will post after I have a chance to review the unit's operation. These decks sold for over $300 when available.

Unregistered guest
i want to purchase this play motor. please tell me the rates of these motors and days u will take to supply me this motor. please mail me at my email

Unregistered guest
Hi all,for those interested in purchasing this or a similar Technics model twin tape deck,I fully recommend it.Having purchased a TECHNICS RS-TR575 not long after it hit the shops in the UK in the 90's(having had it for about 10 years) I can honestly say it is one of the best twin tape decks(in its price range)I have ever used,having tried several other twin deck makes including Sony, Denon,Yamaha & Pioneer.For me, Technics came out top ahead of Pioneer which also produce several twin cassette deck models that also have very good sound.

I am very fussy about sound quality & love good crystal clear treble as well as good bass.It is also important to have good quality hifi speakers,a good make graphic equaliser,cable leads and also interconnects(which can all be purchase from Richer Sounds shops or website)to squeeze the best sound out of your hifi.If you do purchase one,do note!!! for excellent incredible dynamic hiss-free cd like results that sound better than the cd, RECORD & PLAYBACK USING DOLBY 'C' WITH CHROME or METAL TAPES ONLY!!!

I found by trial & error that sticking cellotape over the 2 end tabs of any chrome or metal tapes produces amazing incredibe crystal clear dynamics & this is the only way I do all my dance & soul music recordings.The cassette recordings actually sound much better dynamically than the actual cd when both are played back through my Technics hifi separates system. Because the sound quality is SO GOOD I will NEVER get rid of my huge tape collection.

DO NOT use CHEAP or NORMAL TAPES & expect good results!! normal tapes CANNOT produce the excellent dynamics of chrome or metal tapes.The sound quality with chrome & metal tapes is poor IF recording with the standard tabs.I have just purchased a similar TECHNICS RS-TR474 MKII very cheaply off of ebay for use in my workplace where I have older(but still very good)Technics hifi separates.If like me you do lots of cassette recordings & you have a quality make hifi separates system & are looking for a top quality tape deck(if one is going at a reasonable price)then take the plunge.I promise you will not be disappointed.

Unregistered guest
Hi,
Just acquired a second-hand Technics RS-TR575 Twin Tape Deck. Generally v.good overall sound quality using ferro tapes (not tried chrome yet) on both decks. However, after cleaning heads on both decks & recording I noticed the treble response from one speaker was a little flat during playback through Deck 1. Have performed all necessary checks to identify problem but it still persists. Could it be a tape alignment problem between decks? Any suggestions please.

Unregistered guest
i need to buy an old or used double tape deck with built in amplifier if possible or a separate one.any sellers.

Username: Milpai

Post Number: 3
Does anyone know of a Service center in California Bay Area where we can get this deck serviced?

Username: Basicaudio

Chula vista, Ca US

Post Number: 8
you'd be better off trying to find a used nakamichi or denon!

Silver Member
Username: Usa2k4

Post Number: 127
I also bought a Technics RS-TR575 in 1998 and I agree that this is an excellent deck. As said above, the recordings I made with chrome and metal tapes on this deck were so good that it was my 1st choice to copy my favorite CD's & LP's onto cassette tapes. It's remote controllable via compatible Technics remote controls (it has its own sensor in the front) and this feature made me like the deck even more. We can use a universal remote control that accepts codes for Technics/Panasonic cassette decks to control it or it would be better if we have a remote control from a Technics receiver. Its specs can still be found at:

http://www.prodcat.panasonic.com/shop/NewDesign/ModelTemplate.asp?ModelID=11794

Username: Ayeshaslover

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 9
look for a three head model

Silver Member
Username: Basicaudio

Chula vista, Ca US

Post Number: 103
tascam or nakamichi decks like the "dragon" if you like high end and professional types. These are vintage but awesome decks. I have tehcnics myself and used to own a high end akai deck! Teac/tascams are great cause many of them have dbx noise reduction, better than dolby.

Username: Thint

Post Number: 1
Technics Decks made in the 80es also got dbx Noise Reduction. If you like to have comfortable use (remote control(able)) and good sound i think best compromise is a technics Deck or the Akai GX-R 35, a single Quick Reverse Deck w/ remote control - My humble opinion.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us