Infinity and Klipsch

Username: Blazer

Post Number: 1
For my new HK avr630; I've finally narrowed it down to Infinity Alpha's or Klipsch RF Series speakers. Does anyone have personal experience with either of these paired with an HK receiver? Good or bad, all thoughts are welcome. Thanks guys!

Bronze Member
Username: Heff

Post Number: 63
I have the same receiver matched with Infinity Alpha 40's and a 37C. It's great with both music and movies. DVD-A and SACD's both sound great with identical speakers all around and a timbre matched center.

I thought about adding bipole/dipole surrounds, but since I listen to music more than movies, I opted for a pair of Magnepan MMG's for Zone II, and the surrounds are still on my wish list.

btw, I recently added a Hsu VTF-MK2 subwoofer in piano black and it's a wonderful addition, adding monsterous LFE to the home theater experience. It's very musical too!

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Post Number: 240
If you like the bright horn tweeter sound of Klipsch--go with the Klipsch. If you like a more even sound--go with the Infinity.

Heff--Congrats on getting the HSU VTF-2 subwoofer. With it now on sale at HSU for $449 it is a great deal. It is a great deal at the normal price of $499.

I think even Stereophile just listed it in their 2004 list of either AA or AAA subwoofers. I don't think another subwoofer in its category was under $1000. Dr. HSU knows subwoofers.

Bronze Member
Username: Heff

Post Number: 69
My grandfather had klipshorns and a McIntosh tube amp. great sound!

Thanks GMan! Actually I got the VTF-3 MK2 12" sub since Dr. Hsu recommended it for my room. After I told him my preference, the good Dr. said I'd be one of the first 10 in the country to have one in Piano Black! I'm happy I waited because it's beautiful addition. Very capable is an understatement.

re: LFE, If only I didn't have the neighbors dishes to worry about... he he. I could have worse problems, right?

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Post Number: 243
Heff--Lucky you with the beautiful new Piano Black HSU's--or is that blue suede HSU's :-)

You certainly could have worse problems.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us