JBL Northridge - E10 vs. E20 vs. E30

Jessica Andreas
Unregistered guest
What is the difference between these 3 speaker sets? Are they stand alone or do they need a sub-woofer? How are they as basic stereo speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Cory

Canada

Post Number: 102
Well al of them will need a subwoofer to hit the low notes less than 120.

The diffrences
E10 The ports are located on both sides of the speaker so it directs the sound at 180 degrees with ease.

E20 the port is located at the back and will reqiure it to be at least 3 feet away from the wall IMO.

E30 The port is located at the front so you do not have to worry about its distance to the wall.

Performance all three of the speakers have the same tweeter so highs wont make a diffrence between them. The only think that changes is were the ports are located and power handling and the amount of bass they will produce.

jessica andreas
Unregistered guest
How does the E50 compare?

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 103
The E50's has a better high and low, Then others in its series one of the reasons for thes is that the frequincies are broken up into 3 woofer,mid,tweete. If you have listened to the EC35 the highs sound the same but if you were to compare the mids the E50's would win IMO. For the low end this speakers performces better that any of the speakers mentioned above

Jessica Andreas
Unregistered guest
Anything else you would recommend in the E50 price range?

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 105
What are you tring to create? A 2.1,5.1,etc...set up. The more I know, what you want to do with the system, the more I can help you with it.

Jesica Andreas
Unregistered guest
I am a bit of a novice here - just a new set of stereo speakers to go in my living room. The room is loft-like (very open). Would prefer bookshelf speakers, but want something good for music when I have parties

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 106
The E50s might just make the cut for a large space as you have the speakers wont be able to fill the room with the low end but if they fit in your budget now you could always get a subwoofer to back them up later IMO. But I would reccomend the E90,E100 because of there daul woofers.

If you need any more info just email me. Click on my name.
Good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us