Paradigm's...

Anonymous

Would a pair of Paradigm Monitor 11's be loud enough to drop jaws...well i just love listening to music really loud...if they don't provide enough bass i will buy a sub...i like listening to hard rock...if this type of speaker isn't made for this music recomend another pair in this price range for me...thanks...

edster922
Unregistered guest
also depends on your receiver/amp...if you have a crappy one then you could spend $30K on speakers and they still wouldn't be very good.

The Paradigms you refer to are excellent though.

Bronze Member
Username: Dloweman

Post Number: 70
I have the monitor 7's and they sound great, but edster is right, you do need a good amp. Another brand you might want to check out is Klipsch as those babies can throw some serious sound. Try the RF35's.

Silver Member
Username: Riches1

Atlanta, GA US

Post Number: 137
Agree with d lowe (a lot lately, it seems). If you want to crank your speakers to ridiculously loud levels, get the Klipsch. The need only a little power to rock.

Bronze Member
Username: Stealth_c

Dublin, CA USA

Post Number: 17
The Klipsch RF35 is a good choice for loud music, but a lot of people find them to be bright/harsh speakers. This is easily cured by giving it a warm amplifier (HK, NAD, etc) however. They also go under 40Hz (lowest bass guitar note) unlike the Paradigms.

Bronze Member
Username: Dloweman

Post Number: 76
Just looked at the paradigm site and it says the paradigm monitor 11's go down to 35hz!

http://www.paradigm.ca/Website/SiteParadigmProduct/ParadigmModels/MonSeries/Moni torSpecs.htm

gavincumm
Unregistered guest
personally, I find that the monitor 9 and 11 to be a little boomy in the bass. The monitor 7 performs better in this reguard UNLESS you have a very large room.

The woofers in the 7's are just better matched IMHO to the tweeter. The larger woofers in the 9 and 11 overwhelm the tweeter and make the bass somewhat loose and boomy. This was a paraphrase out of a post that I read earlier, and sums this up correctly.

gavin

the klipsch reference speakers have EXCELLENT woofers BTW

Bronze Member

Dublin, CA USA

Post Number: 22
d lowe: The Paradigm "may" go down to 35Hz in a real room, but you will note on their specs that it states the -2dB point is 48Hz. It will largely depend on your room. The Klipsch on the other hand will do the job.

Bronze Member

Dublin, CA USA

Post Number: 23
And if you will also note, the Monitor 9 goes deeper.

jmgillespie
Unregistered guest
Paradigm are accurate and are not bright sounding unlike klipsch's but thats my opinion. I listed to both rf35's and rf5's and went with paradigm legends more accurate and bass was just as good as or better the the klipsch to me. 35hz is about perfect anyways under that I'd rather have the subwoofers take care of it. I got legends for fronts and rears, cc270, and I'm trying to decide between two pdr12's, pw2200, supercube, and a klipsch rsw15.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us