Help with CD player dilema

rook
Unregistered guest
I'm currently having some problems with my current CD player - it's an older model Technics SL-PD887 (bought it used from a buddy for $25 6 yrs ago). I'm looking to replace. My amp is pretty solid, Yamaha DSP-A3090 and my speakers are B&W CDM 1NT. I'm using $200 Monster hook ups for the speakers. Would I be able to tell a big difference with my system between low-end and mid to high end CD players? Any recommendations? I was thinking about maybe the Yamaha CDC-585. Thanks for your help...

Username: Onimushalord

Post Number: 8
Try the Marantz CD7300, this CDP is Hi-Fi Choice's favourite CDP below GBP500 :-)

The sound is extremely detailed yet still retain its musicality, only drawback is the timing seems a little slow paced cf others. Don't get me wrong, this is in no way less exciting but simply a little melancholic (pun intended)

Cheers!

Username: Onimushalord

Post Number: 9
Just to add, the soundstage and depth of the Marantz CD7300 are what put above other players in its category.
Try it out, or maybe the NADC542 or Arcam CD73T(upgradable).
Compared to a universal player say a Pioneer DV-575A, the difference is quite real although i would honestly say not heaven & earth apart as hi-fi is at times a little of subtlety and quality but a lot on cash and pride :-)

rook
Unregistered guest
Thanks for your help buddy. Are any of your suggestions 5 disc-trays? If not, do you know of any 5-disc changers that sound nice?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us