To Bose or not to Bose?

fka
Unregistered guest
Need some background on the Bose 3-2-1 GS System.
OR
Would I be better off going through with the purcase of the Pioneer Elite for music / movies?
Just trying to figure it all out, thanks for any and all help.

Bronze Member
Username: Natediggidy

Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 55
Anything but Bose. Seriously, it's waaay overpriced for what you get. A pair of compact speakers, a modest sub, a stereo receiver, any decent DVD player with a pseudo-surround setting will mop up that "zero" (3-2-1=0) system.

What's your reason for considering the Blows, er, Bose system? Space, simplicity, seemed like a good idea at the time? I'm sure we come up with alternatives to fit your needs.

Bronze Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 32
i agree with nathan. lots of the bose technology is bogus and giving low quality of audio reproduction. just type in bose into any audio forum and you will see how bad they really are. i know there are better alternatives if space is a concern, can not think of any off the top of my head. for $1300 you can buy a very nice midfi 2.1 system or even a 5.1 if ur pick carefully enough. go for the pioneer elite sys. it will blow away any bose system.

W Tam
Unregistered guest
There's actually someone pushing the BOSE Lifestyle 35E Black Home Theater on this website. I think I am going to puke.

Silver Member
Username: Donaldekelly

Washington, DC Usa

Post Number: 139
6 months later...

My father in law just got a Bose wave cd/radio - it doesn't sound bad at all. Of course they make it look small and cheap so the sound really impresses you by comparison. In comparison to the price, though, it doesn't sound that good.

Any comments on the wave radios?

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 673
Cambridge sound one is just as good for less.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us