Hoping you guys can help me on this one

Bronze Member
Username: Yamahaboy

Orland Park, Illinois USA

Post Number: 22
im looking at some sub amps. i just broke mine. surged? i dont know what happend. but i was looking at some and it said "Measured power output: 180 watts RMS into 8 ohms @ .1% THD, 272 watts into 4 ohms @ 0.2% THD." my question is. how do i make it 4 ohms instead of 8? it doesnt look like a switch. is it the kind of subwoofer? please help me im looking to buy in the next couple of days.

Bronze Member
Username: Kingfish

Post Number: 47
You don't. You match your sub to your other speakers. If there 8ohm, then you get a 8 ohm sub.

Bronze Member
Username: Natediggidy

Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 48
Actually since you are using a seperate sub amp, it dosen't matter what ohms (impedence) your main speakers are. If you use a 4-ohm sub, the amp you looked at can handle the load and give more power doing so.
Just curious, are you replacing the amp on an existing subwoofer or are you building something from scratch?

Bronze Member
Username: Kingfish

Post Number: 50
Eric,

Sorry, Nathan is correct. It doesn't matter with a seperate subwoofer system.

Bronze Member
Username: Yamahaboy

Orland Park, Illinois USA

Post Number: 25
ok thanks alot. im planning to replace jsut the amp. the stock amp was only 120w and the new one is 180. the sub i have is a really nice one. if it cant handle it im going to buy "dual 12"" from bestbuy. there only 140 dollars for dual 12" and the box! good to 1100 watts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us