Why would I get background noise out of sd expansion card and not out internal memory in my RCA Lyra RD1071

Username: Cooper

Post Number: 1
Hello! I recently bought an SD 512mg expansion card for my Lyra RD1071. When the player is playing the songs stored in its internal memory I don't have a problem. However, when it plays the files stored in the expansion card it makes an annoying purring (rrrrrr) sound in the background. Not a problem during the loud parts of the songs because it gets drowned out, but a real pain at any other time. Does anyone know what could be causing the noise and how to get rid of it. I would really appreciate it. Thanks much.

Unregistered guest
I have exactly the same problem with my Thomson Lyra PDP2456. No Problem with internal flash, but with the 1GByte external SD card all songs come with this background noise you describe. Did you solve the problem?

Unregistered guest
My Lyra RD1071 does not see SD card at all...I don't have original software CD or any other part except for the player itself...how did you enable it to see/transfer to SD card??
Please let me know what do I need in order for Lyra to see my 256mb secure digital card...please...Hoping for help,Sincerly, Bea at bm.sosna@verizon.net

Unregistered guest
oh my gosh! i have spent 3 days trying to get my lyra 1028 to work. you guys saved me tearing my hair out! there was no mention of the 1028 and my problem, all I knew was that I could not download anything! so i followed the formatting and everything is fine! yay!!! thanks! suz

Unregistered guest
Lyra 1071 - When plugged into the computer on the USB Port, at "My computer" you see two drives (on my computer "F" (internal memory) and "G" 256 MB memory card). Format both of these drives to FAT32. I created directories on my hard drive as Trf to Lyra-F and Trf to Lyra-G. I loaded my MP3 songs to the Trf directories, and from these directories, via cut/paste or dragging, transfer from to the Lyra 1071. I thought the drives would appear on the Lyra; but they do not. If you transfer 50 songs from "F" and 50 songs from "G", when you turn on the Lyra1071 it will show total 100. Hope this helps. Turned out to be simple - hope it helps you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us