Speakers for Marantz sr4400

c1Bing
Unregistered guest
I just bought a Marantz SR4400 receiver and now need to match some speakers with it. I eventually want surround sound by right now I can only afford some bookshelf speakers. What are some good speakers to pair with this receiver for under $250. Right now I have a 10x15 room so I dont need anything huge. I will mostly be using this system for music but I watch movies frequently. Any help would be appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 723
B&W DM601S3/602S3 or Focal.JMLab Chorus 706S/707S would my choice for Marantz. Both are very good combinations.

c1bing
Unregistered guest
How would JBL's work with the marantz? Are they a quality speaker company?

Silver Member

Post Number: 724
I dont really like JBL, but you could try them if you want. Just remember to compare them to something else.

C1Bing
Unregistered guest
Is there a good subwoofer out there that would pair well with the marantz that i could get relatively cheap?

Silver Member

Post Number: 725
I dont know what's relatively cheap, but look for Velodyne CHT-10 (~$200) and HSU STF-1 ($299).

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 683
I have a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze B1's in my kitchen and really like them for a small speaker in this price range. They list for $300 and I bought them for $265 but I have seen them on this site mail order for well under that. Downtown Audio I think. MA's match perfectly with Marantz.

Username: Chuck_m

Cincinnati

Post Number: 6
Hey C1Bing - I have a Marantz 6300 with Axioms & think they sound terrific. Suggest the M2ti's with the Hsu stf-1 sub. Check out the Axiom website for a lot of helpful info & good message boards (axiomaudio.com). Other good possibilities would be Athena (a little cheaper) and Monitor Audio (a little more expensive). Have fun!

Unregistered guest
Hi,
got the same amp as you and I bought TDL KV1's from richer sounds who told me they'd be well matched. Sounded good until the amp switched itself off (apparantly it's smart and does that if you have it too loud) and when i switched it back on it blew 1 of my speakers. So beware. if anybody can explain in layman's terms why this happened, please post a reply to my message further up the board. Cheers, Neil

Bronze Member
Username: Agimat

Post Number: 31
C1Bing,

I agree with Elite. Try the MA B1 or B2 if your budget permits. MA bronze match perfectly with Marantz and to my ears better than NAD/MA combo.There is a listing on Ebay of MA B1 with buy it now price of $199.

Cheers and have fun

Bronze Member
Username: Agimat

Post Number: 32
Sorry the listing I mentioned I think is done but there is a new listing of MA B1 for $175.

Tarmac
Unregistered guest
Wharfedale Diamond 9's are due on the market in a few months, might be worth checking out. ~180BP = ~350USD

I saw a good review, posted in another thread here, and my interest is peaked. I am looking forward to listening to them when I can.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us