New alternator??

Bronze Member
Username: Nysteelers

Post Number: 21
i might order 2 15' Cerwin Vega VMaxes w/ a jbl 600.1 amp, and im wondering if my alternator will be enough... i have a 96 pathfinder, and dont know anything about the alternator. how can i check how many watts it is, and how many would i need 2 run this setup?

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 688
Most cars are around 85 amps. Since you have an svu I would say you would have at least an 100 amp alternator so you should be fine.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
ok thanx...but lets say i get the stuff and my alternator isnt strong enough...what would i do, and how muhc would it cost?

Bronze Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 82
you shouldnt go with 2 15" VMAXs if your buying a JBL BP600.1 you would be underpowering them by 200watts. that amp would run awesome with the 12" vmax, you would get full excursion out of the subs. just a suggestion...you could also buy the JBL BP1200.1 if you wanted the two 15" as ive heard the bp600.1 is getting harder and harder to find these days. and new alts cost anywhere from 100-250$ depending on how big you want it and where you buy from.

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 472
Mike hook up the system if your lights dim then you WILL need a new HO alternator. Which if your stock alternator isn't about 150-160amps then you are going to need a bigger one anyway most likely. You will need to add 50-60amps with whatever the old alternator is putting out. Good Luck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
ok.. ithink ill go with the 12s then.. and IF i need a new HO alternator then where would i go about getting one? Im kinda on a tight budget so i gotta plan all this out so nothin will put me over how much i have. Thans for the ideas btw.

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 478
Mike the subs size isn't going to effect the alternator the AMP is whats going to do that if you don't want to upgrade the alternator then find a smaller amp.

Visitor#78
Unregistered guest
I think you'll be impressed with the 2 Vmax 12s. Get a JBL or Kicker 600.1 and I don't think your Alternator will be an issue. Try it all out first. Unfortunately it's one of those things you have to figure out as you go.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
ok..would any smaller amp run 2 Vmax 12s? if so which ones would you recommend?

Bronze Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 71
you should be allright. I believe those have a 105 amp alt. in them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us