Amp trouble. bass flows for 5min then stop please help

Username: Shedren

Post Number: 1
i have a jbl 1200.1 amp. and its poweing 2 15's (ma audio). i have them wired correctly. i am pretty sure that its not getting enough power because the red light comes on and thats what the manual said caused it to come on. before a few months ago it never had this problem then it began. the bass would flow for about 2hrs and then quit and get a low rumbling sound . and now it will last 5minutes then go off. usually before the 5minutes time became i would just shut the HU off and leave it off for 5min and turn it back on and it fixed it temporarily. now i was fooling with ground wire tugging on it while drivin =P to see if it did anything and now it lasts 5min then bass doesnt come through . so i thought my battery or alternator was the problem and i was going to get a dry cell battery and see if it worked. but since i tugged on my ground wire and it began to shutoff so fast im thinking that it might be my ground wire. so anyone with opinions please post i just wanna fix it fast and spend the money to fix it,

Anonymous

that could be so many things! but make sure your ground wire is actually grounded. Be sure there is no dry glue or plastics under the wire and its grounded to straight metal. If thats not the problem use your amp warranty if you have one and get another amp.

Username: Shedren

Post Number: 2
i tuggede on ground wire and it came out from my clamp from the metal so i think it was loose so i undid it and there was some stuff under it that was kinda like rubber so i removed it and plugged it all back in maybe this will fix everything.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us