This is for navigator sitting on 24's

Anonymous

you are so f uckin full of shi t! In one post you said you did an average of 210 DB and i another you said an average of 260 db! at least you were consistent in saying you have 4 10w7s Your a stupid bastar d! stop bullshi tting us and change your name to navigator sitting on my nuts!

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 247
since he'd be violating the laws of physics by hitting over 200dB in the first place, that would be rather impressive, to say the least.

yo
Unregistered guest
i read somwhere at 115 DB your ears get irritated and at 140 DB your ears start to go

260 DB....owww

Post Number: 266
ok, a few facts for the record.
120dB is enough to cause permanent hearing damage at prolonged exposure.
140dB is very uncomfortable for listening volume, if sustained for more than a few moments to anyone with decent hearing.
200dB is the sound pressure generated by the Space Shuttle at "ground zero" during launch.
The only reason the shuttle can attain a 200dB SPL is because of the atmospheric alterations it causes from the extreme heat produced by the rockets. In normal earth atmosphere, 200dB is physically impossible to reach due to the physics of just how much you can actually compress air in the given environment.
158dB will stop a human heart, or at least, it can. I've been in a van once that was hitting 164dB (Stillwater factory demo van) and it was physically painful to be in, even with ear protection, because the compression made my chest hurt, and it became difficult to breathe.
If anyone tells you they hit 260dB, I'd like to know what planet they were on.
I hope that gives you a bit better of a grasp on SPL.
remember SPL isn't a linear scale. It's a log scale. +10dB is an audible doubling of volume, but it takes tenfold the power to reach.
double the amp power will increase SPL by +3dB only.
With that in mind, imagine the power required to reach 160dB in anything.

Username: Fillymo

Post Number: 7
Glasswolf is a genius

Username: Motoman22

Post Number: 6
To the human hear, 53db is twice as loud as 50db.

Post Number: 298
"A 10dB increase is perceived as "double" the volume"

http://users.chariot.net.au/~gmarts/amppower.htm

Username: Derek_i

Post Number: 11
double power will increase SPL 3 db, so double the power will bring it from 50 to 53 moto ;), think u got a lil confused there :-)

Username: Tikolx333

Post Number: 29
Thats not true I hit 217db with my sony explods 3 15" powered by pyle 3000watts amps. My system pounds it hits so hard. Navigator has nothing on me. my sony and pyle running off the my jvc deck using 8 guage wirring will beat any system.
LOL =)

Anonymous

tiggy, you are retarded. Your system is composed of crap! LOL=)

Post Number: 30
No its not my system rocks!!!! Dont be mean. I spent all of my 300 bucks on it and its better then yours.

Anonymous

Well i apologize for being mean, but how do you know your system is better than mine when you dont even know what i have? By the way, im sure your system is loud as hell, but how is the sq?

Post Number: 32
LoL Iam just playing I would never buy sony subs or pyle amp lol. I was just making fun of Navigator.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
ah yeah and 300 bucks for only 2 15"s... does sony make 15" subs that are "ok"?

Anonymous

hell no! all sony car stereos are shi t!

That GuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
yeah well im try'n out this amp i got its :Sony XM-D1000P5, look it up.

Anonymous

You think your hot shi t navigator? I have one 4" sub rated at 25000W rms powered by 25 JL 1000/1's off of one die hard battery and 4 guage wire in the back of my ford festiva, and im averaging 313 DB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beat that, bit ch!

Post Number: 46
B1tch please my 4x6 hit harder then that. Pish 313 i hit 400 with my single W7 10 powered by pyle 3500watt amp.hahahahaha

Anonymous

Oh yeah tiggy? I hit 350 with a JL 1000/1 hooked to one JL aluminum tweeter! Nothing else! Beat that! ha

Post Number: 56
Shut yo mouth I know you did'n

fosheazy
Unregistered guest
I'm sure you all think your system rocks, but you'd cream your pants if you saw mine. I have two 3/4" dome tweeters running off a boss amp powered by my cell phone battery; all connected with 20 guage lamp wire. It's hitting higher than 300, but were not sure because no one can get close enough to measure; the shards of exploding glass are deadly, traveling about mach 3. I replaced the engine with this; http://images.usatoday.com/news/_photos/2002/05-13-inside-threemile.jpg because it wasn't giving enough power to my supercharged alternator. I run my car on pure octane, just to go about 30 while playing tunes. That's assuming the 300,000 joules of heat produced don't spontaneously combust matter situated near my ride. By the way, i drive a lamborghini sitting on 32's.

Anonymous

you think thats bad, fosheasy? I have 2 jensen amps powering the speaker IN my cell phone! For the wiring im using christmas tinsel strands from my tree and its all being powered by the battery from my grandpa's hearing aid! people in the next county know when someone is calling me! I have the same hearing aid powering 10 48" subs which are stacked in my bathtub. The SPL all around, is close to 290, i went higher, but i blew out the tiles in the shower. Plus, my bathtub is sitting on 24"'s! Beat that!

Post Number: 417
I have two cats in the back seat f**king.

and I sing along!

(Oddly, it sounds a lot like Celine Dion.)

fosheazy
Unregistered guest
lmao

Username: Dyspros

Post Number: 8
LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Sralcharger

Post Number: 14
now thats that comdey
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts